Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I live in Ottawa, Canada. I have a Victory King Pin 8-Ball. I ride all summer here in Canada (our season is short so I try to ride as often as possible). I'm looking for a recommendation for any dealer that can do service on Victory bikes somewhere near Ottawa... any tips anyone?

·
Registered
599 Posts
Welcome to the forum Bill from Elmvale ON Canada.... yes our season is short i've been out 8 times counting 4 cold hours today LOL

I don't know of any dealers out your way...there is one in Barrie I've had some minor work done there with decent results....I've got parts from
Spoiled Sports in Courtice...don't know about their service dept though.

Ride safe!!

Rob

·
Registered
367 Posts
Deerhaven Victory in Belleville is still a dealer and can order parts etc.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the recommendations guys! I don't get to Barrie often, but I pass Belleville regularly so will be sure to stop there.

If anyone near Ottawa is looking for a place that will service their Victory, I found another option: Richmondmotorsports.ca is located in Richmond ON (not BC!) just south of Ottawa. They service all makes and are familiar with Victory. Unfortunately I'm falling prey to a problem many Vic owners have posted about; my clutch is slipping and I think I need a new clutch pack.

·
Super Moderator
6,371 Posts
Welcome from Connecticut. What kind of service are you looking for?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Need clutch pack replaced. Fried mine doing slow parking lot "cone work". Foolish!
I've replaced a clutch pack on a bike before, but it's kind of at the top end of my mechanical abilities if you know what I mean. This time I want it done right by a pro. My Riding is better than my Wrenching.

·
Super Moderator
6,371 Posts
Since I'm a clutch replacement expert now (replaced mine about a month ago :D ) I'd say c'mon over, but that's a long walk for you from Ottawa...

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yaaa long walk indeed. I think I'm going to need a new cable too. I'm not weak and my hands aren't small, but damn that clutch lever is the heaviest I've ever had to deal with. Had some other folks try it out this past weekend and they all agreed.

·
Registered
599 Posts
Yaaa long walk indeed. I think I'm going to need a new cable too. I'm not weak and my hands aren't small, but damn that clutch lever is the heaviest I've ever had to deal with. Had some other folks try it out this past weekend and they all agreed.
I have an ezpull for a Cross Country...if it fits yours your welcome to it...

Yea clutch's are way past my wrenching skills...there was a time...but those days are long ago...good luck with it....finding a decent mechanic for any bike is a problem, just a tad harder for a vic....

Ride Safe,

Rob

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
That's convenient. I just looked up Elmvale as I wasn't quite sure where it is... my girlfriend is going to Collingwood this weekend, so this might actually work. Umm... is there an easy way to do a private message on this board (I'm new here) to talk details? Or just send me email at bill.love7 (gmail).

·
Super Moderator
6,371 Posts
That's convenient. I just looked up Elmvale as I wasn't quite sure where it is... my girlfriend is going to Collingwood this weekend, so this might actually work. Umm... is there an easy way to do a private message on this board (I'm new here) to talk details? Or just send me email at bill.love7 (gmail).
If you click on his name on the left, it gives you a small menu. Select "Send a private message to..." and that's how you PM someone here.

·
Registered
599 Posts
Hey Bill,

I shot you an email....

Rob

·
Registered
599 Posts
If you click on his name on the left, it gives you a small menu. Select "Send a private message to..." and that's how you PM someone here.
Tks' Broggy I've been in touch with him now...8)

Ride Safe,

Rob

1 - 13 of 13 Posts