Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good morning, need help cannot get both saddle bags open. Purchased this motorcycle late last year. It went down at tail of the dragon and needed to be put back together. All the damages were more towards the front and side lower plastics, no visible damage to saddle bags or rear. I am almost have it all back together and just realized both saddle bags don't want to open.

·
Registered
416 Posts
Good morning, need help cannot get both saddle bags open. Purchased this motorcycle late last year. It went down at tail of the dragon and needed to be put back together. All the damages were more towards the front and side lower plastics, no visible damage to saddle bags or rear. I am almost have it all back together and just realized both saddle bags don't want to open.
Um, I don't really want to be the one to ask it: are they still locked? An difference in the feel of the lids when you lock or unlock them?

·
Registered
2012 Victory Cross Country Tour, Indianapolis
2,771 Posts
Push lid inward slightly from the outside and down then push and hold release button. If you had the bags loaded up, stuff can get caught in the way. Obviously make sure they are unlocked too as mentioned above.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Um, I don't really want to be the one to ask it: are they still locked? An difference in the feel of the lids when you lock or unlock them?
The key turned the locks they operate the way they should but the won't open.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Push lid inward slightly from the outside and down then push and hold release button. If you had the bags loaded up, stuff can get caught in the way. Obviously make sure they are unlocked too as mentioned above.
I am here trying this, not opening. Thank you

·
Premium Member
4,407 Posts
Try lubricating the key hole and let it set awhile.

·
Premium Member
4,407 Posts
I've had mine do that after riding in wet weather and then setting up a few days. lubricating the lock has always fixed it.

Reactions: IndyVictory

·
Registered
2 Posts
There was a bulletin for years on the bags if they because tough to open. The metal bracket inside the bag that is U shaped wears funny and bags are hard to open.

As others said, make sure they are unlocked then you will have to push against lid and try or pull lid to try. Basically going to have to "wiggle" them open.

That's the part that is the issue

1 - 8 of 8 Posts