Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
2008 Kingpin which I have put 5400 miles on. Riding normally down the road 1st, 2nd, 3rd, & 4th when I suddenly noticed it would not move up to 5th or any other gear. Gave her some throttle and parked it in a church parking lot. Seems stuck in 4th. Linkage checks out and the clutch cable is ok. It is at the shop the mechanic thinks it is something internal. We tried moveing it back and forth and tinkering trying to get it to change to another gear....NO LUCK! He says he hopes he doesn't have to crack open the engine...BIG BUCKS.:confused:

This is so strange as it has been rolling so well. Any guesses before I get the verdic from the mechanic?

·
Registered
2,699 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Administrator
5,947 Posts
The reason I posted this was as I read the other thread that was no definate answer to the problem. Now, unlike the others in that thread my bike is in the shop awaiting to find the solution; perhaps a broke spring or worst yet a bent fork.
That thread might or might not apply to you, but there is a definite answer in it, and it's posted more than twice. ;) But since you've put already over 5,000 miles on this bike, I would assume you already know how the bike likes to be shifted, so you might have a different problem here. Let us know what you find out.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts