Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I really hate to even ask this..
I'll be third shift a while, leaving around 10pm an comin home around 6am. I actually like a couple of my neighbors, who happen to have little kids as well. I'm trying to be a little considerate towards 'em and may be willing to sacrifice my stage one exhaust (I believe, I bought the bike used), for something a little less intrusive for a while. I take the bike to work every chance I get.

Just looking for some ideas. Is a stock exhaust usually the most quiet?

On a side note, when I was young I used to have a truck that I put an electric exhaust cutout with y-pipe installed before cat an muffler.. I thought it was pretty fun. I could close it in the neighborhood, then flip a switch to open 'er up later on. Also got some confused looks if I was in town at a light with it closed, and the next light opened it up, heh.

·
Registered
12,159 Posts
I'm sure your neighbors appreciate your consideration for their sleep. From time to time, stock take-offs pop up here and on ebay, Amazon, Witchdoctors, and other Victory suppliers and tuners' shops sites.

·
Super Moderator
6,371 Posts
I recently installed OEM pipes in place of the glass packs I had on there and I like it just fine. I don't think you're going to get any quieter than OEM, since hardly anyone wants to make their bike more quiet.

·
Premium Member
4,872 Posts

·
12,983 Posts
ask the neighbors if your to loud. They might be ok. Keep your eye on craigslist you'll never know what you can find.
I was the opposite I would leave at 5 in the morning. So I would push the bike to the end of the block then start it

·
Registered
234 Posts
Carl92,
I have a set from a 2004 Vegas if you want. I am the second owner and I was told the came off when the bike was new. Shipping is across the country, PM me.

·
Registered
889 Posts
I don't find most pipes that bad unless the rider is hard on the gas. Keeping the revs low while you exit the neighbourhood might be enough to keep from aggravating the people.

I'd suggest trying it for a couple of days then asking if it bothered anyone. If you let them know first they'll be listening for it.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I will talk to 'em first. Hopefully they'll see I'm tryin not to be an a-hole, lol..
Thanks 541RF, I'll keep that in mind. Does anyone happen to know if Vegas pipes, or any other model for that matter, match up alright without much fabrication?
I'll also look into those quiet baffles.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts