Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have owned another brand of motorcycle and have been pretty die hard about it. I got tired of the oil leaks and worry if I would make it home. I test road a Cross Roads. It took about 40 ft. of the 8 mile test ride to be convinced Victory has made the best motorcycle I have ever ridden. No contest. I can't believe it took me this long to admit it.

I bought a 2011 used. It only had 1380 miles. So far, I have owned it a week and have put 400 miles on it already.

It already had ISO pegs and grips, windshield, and sissy bar.

I am confused how to detatch the sissy bar. I just don't want to scratch or break anything. I bought it from a Honda dealer and they didn't know. It was traded in for a Gold Wing Trike.

Any one able to help me with the detatch? I did a search, but didn't find anything. Thanks. thumb up

·
Registered
851 Posts
Congrats on your new ride!!! I'm sure she'll bring you many miles of smiles cheers

For taking off the passenger back rest I usually open up the saddle bags to get a little more room but you don't have to. Lift up the two rubber coated tabs and then rotate the back forward and up toward the front of the bike. The bar will rotate about the front pegs. There is a little bit of a hold and will release quickly once you get past a certain point so be ready for it and don't put too much pressure on it.

One thing, some have put two nuts and bolts in the holes right beside the tabs to keep it from being taken off and stolen too easily. Personally I just leave them out but you might want to make sure they are removed if you can't get the tabs to move up.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks

It was the added bolts. I had it off in 5 minutes. I don't want to leave it on if not needed. I don't want to have to buy it again.
Thanks again.

·
Registered
2,699 Posts
Congradulations on your rapid change of loyalty and welcome to the Victory Forums!

We have a pretty good mix of ex metric and ex HD owners on here along with a surprising amount zoom splats. The Cross Roads (aka XR) is a pretty amazing bike as well as the other Cross bikes (XC=Cross Country / XCT=Cross Country Tour / XR-LE=Cross Roads limited Edition). They don't take long to get used to and they handle much better than expected considering their mass.

So far the only bad part (which is noticed mostly by the ex HD folks) is the lack of aftermarket accessories. There few companies that carry anything other than grips/pegs/mirrors that are direct fit but it's getting better. As I've tried to tell a few others HD has been around for a whole lot longer than Victory and they sell a lot more bikes. It's tough for a vendor to develop parts for Victory because there aren't enough bikes for them to recoup ther investment.

·
Premium Member
67 Posts
400 miles on it and he hasn't posted a single photo???? sure needs to get with the program :O) Welcome from Northern Utah!!!

·
Administrator
5,947 Posts
Welcome aboard! cheers

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Honestly, I'm glad there aren't as many add ons. I'm not spending time and money trying to improve something that really is a head turner already. No one else in my town has a XR. Every HD owner tells me how nice it is.

Here us a pic from vacation last week. I rode from Mobile Bay to Pensacola Bay.

Attachments

·
Registered
12,146 Posts
Revmark, Gorgeous bike! It will look a lot better with one of my custom hand made lay down license brackets. See the thread with that title. How's that for a shameless commercial plug? If you enjoy your XR half as much as I do mine, you'll be one happy rider. Welcome.
P.S. fishslapr makes a very nice rear brake reservoir cover. Check out that thread too.

·
Registered
396 Posts
sweet ride you got there.
welcome to the victory family,
there are alot of knowledgable
people on this forum as i have
found out over the last 2 years.cheers

·
Registered
1 Posts
Congrats, a good friend of mine has a bike just like that and loves it. Not my style but welcome to the victory side. I just got my jackpot about 2 months ago and the first weekend i put about 600 miles on her.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
It would not be my first pick if I could purchase several bikes, but to only have one it is the best for me.
I have an extra vertabrae in my back and it appreciates the air ride. My feet and legs are never cramped or trying to find comfort. It's already there.
If I was a tiny fellar I would probably have a Hellcat. That looks like one bad bike.
But I do most of my riding by myself and I love the dependability of the Victory. And though I don't really tour I do ride all day as often as I can.
Again, just to have an all in one bike. I love my Cross Roads.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I just moved over from an HD Ultra as well to an older touring model, a 2007 Kingpin Touring. I love my new Vic as well, engine just runs like a sewing machine and it's so much cooler than my Ultra. My next bike from Vic may be a XR, I thought I'd try the brand out cheaply with a well accessorized older model first.

·
Registered
293 Posts
Here us a pic from vacation last week. I rode from Mobile Bay to Pensacola Bay.
Welcome and best of luck with your XR.

Are you in the Navy? Your Sig says you are from IN but you rode from Mobile to Pensacola. I've got highschool Navy buddies that I visit in both areas when I travel for work.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I am not in the Navy. I do live in West Central Indiana, but was in Alabama on vacation last week. While there, I rode from Gulf Shores, Mobile Bay to Pensacola Bay. I have always wanted to ride the coast. It was beautiful and a lot different than riding in Indiana.

I am hoping to take a ride up to the central coast of Michigan in July.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Nice to meet you all.

Thank you all for the reception. You all have been kind. I appreciate my Victory even more after reading so many posts without finding bad attitudes, profanity, or arguements. It's a place I don't mind my kids to browse. Thanks again.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts