Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 78 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I could use some assistance...

On 5 Jul, I ordered a couple of stainless heim joints and bolts. I paid on checkout via paypal.

I haven't received an order confirmation and I haven't received the product.

I've e-mailed three times, called and left voicemail and tried to PM via this forum but the box is full.

Since I paid via paypal, I only have 30 days to make a claim and that's coming up very soon and I'm leaving on vacation for remote areas on the 30th.

I'm hoping that I can get hold of the gentleman and get an order confirmation and general expected delivery before I leave or I have to file a paypal claim on Monday and I'd rather not do that....but I'm not letting the date just pass me by..

Sorry if the gentleman is friends with people on here. I'm not making an effort to trash him but I need to know that my money isn't just hanging out there to disappear in a few days.

Thanks if someone can tell me how to get hold of him or point him in my direction.

·
Premium Member
9,684 Posts
I would make a claim and start from scratch... with that amount of time passing with no response, I would be done with them. In this day and age , customer service is everything. Sounds like they failed in that area.... If paypal said they sent your payment, they did. No excuse. This is only my feelings , and opinion.

·
Registered
74 Posts
I had an issue with him in the spring where CycleOps didn't ship my order for a week and a half. I guess it has only gotten worse!

·
Registered
63 Posts
I got the run around on a 3d key I got from him. False advertised the orientation. Blamed it on his webmaster. I even provided the picture of it (from his website) in the orientation I ordered it in and he said it couldn't be done and that I was stuck with it.

I filed a paypal claim. He then said that he had told me I could return it, which was false. He made another offer, that if I just wanted to keep it, to drop the claim and he would refund a portion of the cost...which I agreed to and he never did.

Needless to say, since this is how he does business, I certainly will not be a patron of his for anything else.

·
Premium Member
9,684 Posts
It seems to me there is a disturbing amount of motorcycle vendors , that seem to be very shady organizations.... I feel its bad enough that you lay out your money first, have shipping time waiting, you cant actually put your hands on the item or visually inspect it before purchase, and your at their mercy whether or not they will ship it in a timely fashion. In other words it seems some of these vendors take your money, then its F%#&K You!:mad:

·
13,177 Posts
He's going threw a really bad divorce from what I hear.
305-345-9444
hes in Miami, FL

maybe one of the members can find his shop

·
Registered
63 Posts
No one gives a rats ass about excuses. If someone is running a business and taking peoples money, they better keep their act together or they are going to go out of business.

·
Premium Member
9,684 Posts
No one gives a rats ass about excuses. If someone is running a business and taking peoples money, they better keep their act together or they are going to go out of business.
I'm in full agreement with Whiskeypapa . thumb up

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
It seems that I'm not alone with having some issues with cycleopsusa. I can understand someone having a tough time for a while... and divorce can be very tough. I'm doubting now that any product is forthcoming at this point but I can wait until Monday afternoon to file so I'll give it until then.
If I do receive anything, I'll be sure to post back here to let people know. I wouldn't want to damage a reputation without it being well deserved. Thanks to everyone so far for the info and support.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Sounds like his situation sucks. I'm agree, you need to stop taking orders, and post something on your page about it When you get your act together, start doing business again. Or you suck it up and keep production going

·
Registered
264 Posts
There are some folks who have been waiting 3 months for their parts from this vendor. Don't have the part, don't take the money. Pretty simple business practice regardless of personal problems. Now, if you tell people ahead of time that the part won't be ready for 3 months and they still want to pay up front that's another story. Clearly that's not the case here.

·
Super Moderator
6,374 Posts
Interesting; I just went to their website and I can't seem to click on anything to enter...

·
Premium Member
13,637 Posts
Interesting; I just went to their website and I can't seem to click on anything to enter...
No issue with the site I went to. Are you use this one?

http://www.cycleopsusa.com/custombillet.html#ec

Or this one?

http://cycleopsusa.com/store/index.html

They are both working.

For whatever it's worth, and I do understand some of the frustration being spoken here, his, now ex-wife, was the web site creator. There's no telling what kind of havoc she might be doing if she still has access to it somehow.

A woman scorned and all that...

I sent him an email about this thread. Hopefully he will pop in and say something soon.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Well the site was definitely working when I ordered and it seems to be working just a moment ago. Divorce can hit hard in every area of life. I sure hope that he can come on and clear up my order I'd sure rather have a product than a complaint.

·
Super Moderator
6,374 Posts
No issue with the site I went to. Are you use this one?

http://www.cycleopsusa.com/custombillet.html#ec

Or this one?

http://cycleopsusa.com/store/index.html

They are both working.

For whatever it's worth, and I do understand some of the frustration being spoken here, his, now ex-wife, was the web site creator. There's no telling what kind of havoc she might be doing if she still has access to it somehow.

A woman scorned and all that...

I sent him an email about this thread. Hopefully he will pop in and say something soon.
I went to www.cycleopsusa.com with nothing after it...

·
Registered
566 Posts
I have the CycleOps trunk rack and it's a quality piece. He's a one-man shop so he's probably in a bad place with his divorce.

I agree that that's no excuse, of course. He should apologize, return the money and shut down his site until he gets his life back together.

That said, I've been through a nasty divorce and I wouldn't wish the emotional **** I went through during that on my worst enemy. :crzy:

·
Registered
1,331 Posts
Ordered from Will in the past. Great product, easy to speak with and I was very pleased. Wishing Will the best both in personal and business life.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Well, I haven't received any product and I haven't been contacted. I just tried calling again and left a voicemail explaining what I've done/am doing. I've filed a dispute with paypal - first time I've been through this. Seems that I now have another 20 days to raise the dispute to a claim so I'm trying that and told him but when I get back from vacation in a little less than two weeks, I'm moving it to a claim.

I'd sure rather have what I ordered and you'd think he'd rather send parts, than have a bad rep AND no money but well, people do get themselves wrapped around the axle sometimes.

I'll let you know how it turns out in a couple weeks.

1 - 20 of 78 Posts