Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
352 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ya, so I'm sitting in this stupid chair with nothing better to do than to come up with hair brain ideas... well, I think I found my next. Seeing as I won't be able to walk for the next year or better, and my bike needs some work anyway, I figure this will be a way for me to pass the time, fix my bike, and be able to ride earlier. I'm gonna trike it and rat it at the same time. mismatched fenders and tank etc, thenn rhino coat them with this bare bone kit!! Might add some storage. What do you guys think?

trike.jpg

trike2.jpg

·
Administrator
5,947 Posts
I'm thinking, money pit. But if it makes you happy, you can't put a price on that. cheers

How's your foot doing?

·
Registered
352 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
All replacement parts plus the trike kit with wheels and everything only comes to around 4k... and I got that from my total of the bike... it might be fun! My foot is still the same, waiting to find out if the heel will start growing or die... doesn't hurt as bad, and i finally started swimming so at least I'm getting some exercise.

·
Registered
1,499 Posts
I'm curious what you would do if you don't do it? A project might just be the answer and your breathing life back into another VIC. Prob need to hardline the costs to make sure your going to be on budget but I think it would be something cool to see and of course you would have to start it's own thread with pics.. hehe

Glad to hear your making forward progress and I am still putting my money on that foot getting back in the game. Were stickin with ya bud!

Tim

·
Premium Member
13,285 Posts
I like the trike idea. As you may remember; I brought up the idea in your other thread.

Do you have someone to help put things together while you heal or do you have a shop that will donate some labor toward getting it on 3 wheels so you can do the rest maybe?

·
Registered
813 Posts
Ya, so I'm sitting in this stupid chair with nothing better to do than to come up with hair brain ideas... well, I think I found my next. Seeing as I won't be able to walk for the next year or better, and my bike needs some work anyway, I figure this will be a way for me to pass the time, fix my bike, and be able to ride earlier. I'm gonna trike it and rat it at the same time. mismatched fenders and tank etc, thenn rhino coat them with this bare bone kit!! Might add some storage. What do you guys think?

View attachment 8323

View attachment 8324
Like the trike idea to keep you riding for sure, but one thought... Transmission. You going to keep the 2000 motor or install a newer freedom. I would defiantly have to do something with the back

·
Registered
352 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I don't think that I need to worry about the trasmission on this one... my last '01 was fine too. There is a shop near me that might help me out, but I doubt for free lol. Did I read somewhere that I should make a budget? lol... what's that!! ha ha. I think I'm pretty much sold on doing this now, I got some more pictures from the vendor and it pretty much did me in. Don't know why all of a sudden I like trikes, but the vic just looks tough. here's another pic...

trike3.jpg

trike4.jpg

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
Now that there is a great idea.
Trikes get your knees in the breeze.
You get lemons and you make lemonade.
Plus it beats hell out of Springer, building playlists and filling weekly pill boxes.

Just please, don't eat so many of them pills that you end up like this poor bastard.

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
Piaggio stoppies?!
Just because you can do a thing does not make that thing worth the doing.

·
Registered
2,699 Posts
I personally respect the trike guys, they prove you don't have to give up riding just because you can no longer manage on two wheels. So go for it!

·
Registered
1,331 Posts
Saw a Vision trike out in Sun City. Pretty cool looking. My fav is the bagger front with the real modern back. Glad to hear you have a project. Hope you have a full recovery

1 - 16 of 16 Posts