Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I picked up a 2014 cross country a couple weeks ago and haven't been able to select a Playlist/album/artist on my 5th Gen iPod classic. Is there an issue with having an older iPod? I tried it on the dealers demo bike and had had the same issue. The owner plugged in his iPod touch and it worked fine but I tried my mother's iPod nano and had the same problem. Anyone ran into this before?

·
Registered
84 Posts
I'm using a iPod nano and it works great! I would assume you are using the Victory adapter that connects to the iPod. I set up all of my music in iTunes which are broken down into about 7 or 8 different playlists. It works like a charm and I can toggle between playlists and do everything right from the handlebar control. Hope this helps...

·
Registered
108 Posts
I'm able to move through my play list on my iPod nano without a problem by using the + - on the handlebars. I was a little nervous because the iPod is my daughters and I found she kept some Justin Beber songs on it as a joke. Thank god I was able to change songs as it would have been embarrassing to be caught at a light with that on my radio :mad::crzy:

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
she kept some Justin Beber songs on it as a joke. Thank god I was able to change songs as it would have been embarrassing to be caught at a light with that on my radio :mad::crzy:
Now that's funny ! :ltr:

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'm able to move through my play list on my iPod nano without a problem by using the + - on the handlebars. I was a little nervous because the iPod is my daughters and I found she kept some Justin Beber songs on it as a joke. Thank god I was able to change songs as it would have been embarrassing to be caught at a light with that on my radio :mad::crzy:
"my daughter's ipod".... Suuuure..... :ltr: lol

The strange part is that my iPod doesn't work on the dealers demo bike either but it did work on the owners cross country "once". I'm not sure what's going on. I'm hoping my iPod is just bad. It's about 10 years old so I wouldn't be surprised.

·
Registered
38 Posts
iPod Nano quite working (kind of)

My Nano worked fine up until this morning. I was able to see iPod as the selection and playlists, etc. I took the iPod in the cage yesterday and can't see anything but AUX this morning. The iPod plays there but that's it. No song, artist, etc.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Mine would go back and forth between Ipod and AUX and usually disconnecting and reconnecting the ipod would fix it. dealer changed the cable out and it was better for a bit but still would be a problem. Switched to a newer Ipod as this one the battery was toast and haven't had a problem since.

·
Registered
1,134 Posts
I bought a NANO. When I bought it I knew it had a bad battery. So it was a crap shoot sometimes. I could connect it, turn power on and it would say "ipod". But I would have to select the play list I wanted via the ipod as it would not show up inthe display on handlebars. So I got a good deal on an I phone 4s. Now everything on that front works fine.
However I now in the last say 2 weeks have 2 problems that have shown up I cant find any threads on to help so far. The reception has went to crap. Even the local station here barely comes in and the ST flashes in and out. Also the display only once in awhile shows the song playing in the station tuned to. I checked under fairing to see if maybe I knocked the antenna loose or something but all looked good.

·
Registered
357 Posts
I had problems too until I read the owners manual.Now I can get it to do everything it is supposed to do.

·
13,177 Posts
funny how reading the owner's book make a world of difference

·
Registered
1,134 Posts
I honestly think the NANO I had the plug in at bottom had maybe bad connections or something. Maybe the contacts were worn. When I plugged in the "new" I phone 4s everything was great. Well until this radio display and station thing started going on.

·
Premium Member
538 Posts
As a side note... The Classic uses a disk based storage system. The vibes from the bike and road will frag it sooner or later. A Nano or Touch with flash based storage won't give you trouble down the road

·
Registered
1,134 Posts
Yea when looking for ipods I did read up on that. I could find lots of 1st gens cheap. The file formatting for me (an android/ibm pc user) it was weird.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts