Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What is the best extension, mount, etc. to get so that I can see around my arms in the mirrors. Right side isn't too bad but left is mostly bicep. :(

·
Registered
139 Posts
I bought some extensions from ebay but can't tell you who had them. They came with the proper mounting bolt although it is not stainless and the top will rust. You can go to a bolt store and get stainless bolts---I'm just too lazy. Painted mine after thorough cleaning.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Flip the arm

On the left mirror, I flipped the arm and it raised it about a inch. From the bend on the arm of the mirror one side is longer. I also raise the bars and it works for me.

·
Registered
85 Posts
I found these on ebay.

Ordered mirror extenders on eBay for $14.80 (free shipping). Installed and I can know see around my arm when wearing the larger winter riding jacket.

·
Registered
851 Posts
A lot of people have had success with the Honda 10mm mirror extenders vicray mentioned. Personally I did the 2" pull back and rotated my bars up about halfway to my shoulders. Not only did it let me see more from my mirrors, it also helped with the pain between my shoulders on long rides. Revolver, a member of "the other Victory forum" was making longer mirror arms. I'm not sure if he is still making them or not.

·
Registered
12,219 Posts
I don't know if you are wider than me, but I don't see any of me at all in my mirrors. But then, I have them adjusted to see down the adjacent lanes. More important to see what's next door in the event of having to execute a rapid evasive maneuver. I simply move my head to see what's behind. I do this with my cages too. I don't see any paint in the side view mirrors.

·
Registered
611 Posts
lately my big issue has been hitting my knuckles on the left mirror. The right is mounted to the master cylinder so it's higher but the mount for the left brings it down closer to the grip. The gloves I wear are armored race gloves and its the armor that keeps knocking against the bottom edge of the mirror. Can't remember if I was looking at the witchdoctor or kuryakan parts but I was planning on getting a set of vertical extensions and just using the one on the left.

Granted it's a minor thing but I count this as being one of those fit and finish things that are never noticed when done properly but noticed constantly when gotten wrong. I mean really, you're already making a specific part for the mirror mount on the left side, why not make it so the mirrors both sit at the same height?

·
Registered
12,219 Posts
1 - 12 of 12 Posts