Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought my 2000 v 92 last July from the original owner and he told me it takes 7 quarts of oil due to changes in the tranny. Is that even possible without the Pistons floating in oil? Last month it has developed a knock or ping maybe but sounds more like knock to me but goes away around 2800 rpm. Any help will be appreciated, thank you

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ohh, that is inspiring to hear about the throttle bodies and cracks. I will do that right away. Like that possibility far more than some kinda internal problem, thank you.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I drained my oil a few weeks ago and found that the drain plug was stripped so I ordered a new one, which didn't fit. I finally sourced a replacement as someone had drilled/helicoiled the case for a bigger plug. Meanwhile, the bike sat with a pan under it and drained and drained and drained for weeks. It has probably drained an extra 1/2 qt of oil in that time. I filled it with 6 quarts and it is still showing a little low on the dipstick so it needs probably a half quart to get it in the safe range. If you have a totally dry motor where every inch that was coated in a film of oil has drained out, i can see it holding a little more than 6.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts