Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
13,263 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Audi’s Purchase of Ducati Approved By Antitrust Authorities. Audi has eliminated the final obstacle en route to the start of a shared future with Ducati. During a visit at the Ducati factory in Bologna, Italy Audi President said that “there are many joint opportunities with high-performance engines, lightweight manufacturing and the skilled interplay between the 2 strong brands Audi & Ducati on the global stage. Both companiescan now benefit from being part of one big family, the Volkswagen Group.” He added that his most important message to Ducati workers consists of three words, and you have my guarantee: Ducati remains Ducati.”

·
Registered
12,330 Posts
There are many such symbiotic relationships out there in the automotive/motorcycle world and they usually benefit all concerned. I look forward to seeing a broader lineup of product from Ducati as a result of this marriage.

The shotgun Chrysler/Fiat marriage has re-introduced Fiat to the US, with the advent of the 500. I'd love to have the Abarth version to tear around in during the non rising season. And Alfas will soon be on our roads once more. Sweet!

·
Registered
693 Posts
There are many such symbiotic relationships out there in the automotive/motorcycle world and they usually benefit all concerned. I look forward to seeing a broader lineup of product from Ducati as a result of this marriage.

The shotgun Chrysler/Fiat marriage has re-introduced Fiat to the US, with the advent of the 500. I'd love to have the Abarth version to tear around in during the non rising season. And Alfas will soon be on our roads once more. Sweet!
I can't wait to see Alfas over here...as long as they're better these days mechanically. Ha ha! I would LOVE a 159 SW. But, I'm a bit of a rarity in that I enjoy wagons.

·
Registered
12,330 Posts
I can't wait to see Alfas over here...as long as they're better these days mechanically. Ha ha! I would LOVE a 159 SW. But, I'm a bit of a rarity in that I enjoy wagons.
Back in the 60s, I owned four Alfas and had great luck with each one of them. All cars today are far superior to what was being produced in the past. Metallurgy, production methods, materials, systems, et al have greatly progressed to the benefit of all makes. As with motorcycles, I can't think of a bad car today. thumb up

·
Registered
693 Posts
Back in the 60s, I owned four Alfas and had great luck with each one of them. All cars today are far superior to what was being produced in the past. Metallurgy, production methods, materials, systems, et al have greatly progressed to the benefit of all makes. As with motorcycles, I can't think of a bad car today. thumb up
That is very true. Now...give me my 159SW before I go get a CTS or TSX wagon. :)

·
Registered
12,330 Posts
That is very true. Now...give me my 159SW before I go get a CTS or TSX wagon. :)
Ooh, now you're talking. Let's go with the CTS Sport Wagon in arrest me red. :crzy:thumb up

·
Registered
693 Posts
Ooh, now you're talking. Let's go with the CTS Sport Wagon in arrest me red. :crzy:thumb up
Mmmmmmmmmmm. Love the V! But...that'd be trouble. lol

·
Registered
12,330 Posts
Mmmmmmmmmmm. Love the V! But...that'd be trouble. lol
You know it. I have a bulletin board with the tickets I've accumulated with my Chrysler 300C with da Hemi. I like getting tickets in Montana...$20 please, here's your receipt - no points, no tattling to your state's DMV.cheers

1 - 8 of 8 Posts