Victory Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Victory is a new motorcycle when it comes to the motorcycle field. For those of you that own a Victory, can you share with us your experiences?

·
Registered
2 Posts
So far I am loving my Hammer. I have about 650 miles on it in just a couple of weeks. I will continue to ride even during the hot summers here in Texas. I just can't get enough time in the saddle. The handling of the Hammer is awsome. I have already been scraping pegs going around corners (it's just that comfortable).

·
Registered
7 Posts
loving my 2007 hammer,since feburary started customizing now i cant stop:) now theres nothing better than seeing all those heads turning and staring .chose this ride over the harley vrod and M109R ,it was a better fit for my size.. good choice.Victory Rider for LIFE

·
Registered
4 Posts
3 motorcycles came out in 99 Indian,Excelsior-Henderson,and Victory, of the 3 only1 remains Victory, Why? because they are basicly maintence free,just change the oil and ride the wheels off of them, I have a 07 Tribal Jackpot,it is my second Vic,my HD is my seventeenth in almost 40 years,wont knock HD but I LOVE MY VICTORY,also where as HD is made by the Polocks in Wi.Victory`s are made by the Swedes in Mn.....Yee Haw

·
Registered
4 Posts
I just bought my 2005 Hamer yesterday. i shure like the looks and feel of the bike. I traded in a 2005 Honda Sabre. I have already developed a miss. I don't have a service manual yet ( and it didn't come with an owners manual) I've read about cleaning throttle bodies on Victory's but it is port injected. I don't even know if you have to have the bike upright or on stand to check the oil.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I just bought my 2005 Hamer yesterday. i shure like the looks and feel of the bike. I traded in a 2005 Honda Sabre. I have already developed a miss. I don't have a service manual yet ( and it didn't come with an owners manual) I've read about cleaning throttle bodies on Victory's but it is port injected. I don't even know if you have to have the bike upright or on stand to check the oil.
Search around on some of the Victory forums and find info on cleaning the TBs. You need to have the bike upright and warm when checking the oil. You need to warm it up and then wait like 5min and then have the bike upright to check the oil properly.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Search around on some of the Victory forums and find info on cleaning the TBs. You need to have the bike upright and warm when checking the oil. You need to warm it up and then wait like 5min and then have the bike upright to check the oil properly.
i tore the bike apart last night, or tried to. i can't get the air box out to get to the TPS to check resistance. i did notice the rubber boots under the TB's have cracks. i would of checked with ether but bike is already tore apart (mostly). i want to replace while i got it tore apart but have no service manual.

·
Registered
4 Posts
i just priced boot and is $67 special order, about a week or two until arrives. i guess i'm gonna put it back together and see if really leaking for now. just got the bike, raining for the next week, and i just can't wait to ride it some more, even with the mis

·
Registered
173 Posts
i tore the bike apart last night, or tried to. i can't get the air box out to get to the TPS to check resistance. i did notice the rubber boots under the TB's have cracks. i would of checked with ether but bike is already tore apart (mostly). i want to replace while i got it tore apart but have no service manual.
just remove the sidecovers, seat and tank, then take the top off the tb cover and you'll see them. use a q-tip or foam brush with some carb cleaner and you'll be amazed at how much better it will run. after a few times of clening them you be able to do it in 10 mins. i do mine everytime i change oil. of course i'm a tinkerer and love doing that kind of stuff. ride safe.

·
Registered
4 Posts
i have been rideing the bike for a week and a half now. the more i ride it, the more i like it. it's 25 miles to work and 23 of it is highway. this bike just idles @70. i read a lot of reviews about how it turned, but it easy to turn

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have a 06 Hammer for about 3 months now and I love it. I've had Customs, Harley,and a Indian Cheif. The hammer rides and drives better than all of them. I just put a Arlen Ness Big shot tunner on it, But I need help figuring the best tune for it. I was amazed of the attention my bike got at the Bainbridge bike fest. Their were very few Victories there but I had alot of bikers say how much they want one.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I just got my 07 Hammer S a couple of weeks ago. The weather hasn't been too cooperative, I live in Cincinnati so it's to be expected. I have still been able to get out and put about 200 miles on it, and I have loved every one of them. Here are some pics.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Picked up an 05 Hammer last week and it is amazing. I sold my 2000 Ducati 996 and while i as sad to see it go, riding on the Hammer makes it all better. I LOVE this bike.:D

·
Registered
4 Posts
just got a new 07 hammer S

I have had my hammer for 2 weeks now. I live in columbus mississippi and drove to columbia Missouri where I found a the bike I have been dreaming of, even though it had 4500 miles it still was never titled so it qualified for the 5 year warranty !!! I rode it over 300 miles before loading it on the trailer. so far i have ridden almost 700 miles (I work nights and my wife works days, it is hard to ride 2 toddlers on a bike, so I only get to ride when they are @ school/day care) so far i love it. I added black slash pipes, s&s intake w/ tune, and a victory touring seat. I can't believe it, my wife actual enjoys riding with me on her days off. She even likes the bike!!! This is the first nice bike I have ever owned and I was scared to get on it and ride at first, now I freak my self out by scraping the pegs with out meaning to. It is a pleasure to ride and would recommend it to anyone :)

1 - 16 of 16 Posts