Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Premium Member
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have yet to find anyone making a trunk liner so I have contacted a local interior guy and he says he can make me a trunk liner for the bottom and top and add some mesh pockets to the back wall for $300.
The walls will be glued to the trunk and the floor and back wall will have a backing board and be removable if it needs to be moved for work.

What do you think?? :)

·
Registered
15 Posts
I took a chunk of carpet, laid it in the trunk, traced it and cut it out. Didnt glue it, just a "mat" for the bottom of the trunk.

If you are looking to spend $300, I would spent $80 and just get the trunk bag, sew some velcro to the bottom and top of bag and attach to the trunk so that when you open, you have a multi-purpose organizer. You can take it out of the trunk when traveling or leave it in for those short trips.

·
Premium Member
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I took a chunk of carpet, laid it in the trunk, traced it and cut it out. Didnt glue it, just a "mat" for the bottom of the trunk.

If you are looking to spend $300, I would spent $80 and just get the trunk bag, sew some velcro to the bottom and top of bag and attach to the trunk so that when you open, you have a multi-purpose organizer. You can take it out of the trunk when traveling or leave it in for those short trips.
I have the trunk bag, it's just that a bag. A cheap vinyl gym bag that has no pouches to organize/hold stuff.

I need/want something that is soft and goes up the sides and has some pouches to hold my phone and charger and spare glasses. I want it soft and up the walls when I travel so my cameras and other items don't get bashed/bounced around and scratched. That vinyl bag just isn't going to protect it like I want.

As far as me doing it myself, I would up to the point of sewing through backer board and having it look professional :cool:

·
Registered
15 Posts
I have the trunk bag, it's just that a bag. A cheap vinyl gym bag that has no pouches to organize/hold stuff.

I need/want something that is soft and goes up the sides and has some pouches to hold my phone and charger and spare glasses. I want it soft and up the walls when I travel so my cameras and other items don't get bashed/bounced around and scratched. That vinyl bag just isn't going to protect it like I want.

As far as me doing it myself, I would up to the point of sewing through backer board and having it look professional :cool:
Agreed. I would look at carpet runner style carpet and see if you can come up with some template. You can buy a bunch of carpet for $100, sew in some pouches, etc.

Good Luck

·
Premium Member
43 Posts
Spike I took the pictures that you posted to my carpet cutter and they will do it like yours for $187.00, that is labor and material. Just wanted to thank you for posting them.cheers

Attachments

·
Registered
566 Posts
Spike I took the pictures that you posted to my carpet cutter and they will do it like yours for $187.00, that is labor and material. Just wanted to thank you for posting them.cheers
Okay, how does one find a carpet cutter or someone to do this? I want to do my trunk and bags too!

·
Premium Member
43 Posts
The easiest way to do is it is to take a copy of the pictures that Chicago Spike took to an upholster along with your trunk. Besure to let them know you don't have alot of money. It worked for me, and thank you again Spike.thumb up

·
Premium Member
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Yeah, it's not a drop in liner guys. The walls and top are glued to the trunk and cut to fit each contour. Not something a guy can sew up and send out to you for you to drop in your trunk and drive off

·
Registered
43 Posts
BTW: Just realized that my guy covered the power outlet that is in the trunk! Might remind your guy about this.... cannot believe he did not see it!:confused:
Good news is that I have not needed it thus far...with two others on the bike it probably will not be a problem.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts