Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,

I don't actually HAVE a Victory yet, but like my Triumph experience, I decided to join a forum and learn what I could beforehand. Get a feel for these, if you will.

I've been street riding for 25 years, and have owned 20 bikes (five of which were restoration projects). Currently have a Hinckley Bonneville - owned that and a Tiger when I lived in So Cal, just moved back home to Michigan (Royal Oak) last fall and brought the Bonnie with me.

I've been pondering a large cruiser/tourer, and have been hearing lots of great things about Victory. The Usual Suspects came to mind (Road King, etc.), but like the Triumph, I'm rather drawn to non-conformist machines. I could go new or used at this point, and thinking at least bags and a screen.

Don't mind me, I'll just be lurking about. :cool: Thanks!

-Robert

·
Administrator
5,947 Posts
Welcome aboard. Wishing you a fruitful research. cheers

·
Premium Member
136 Posts
Welcome,

Since you mentioned bags and a screen, I can recommend the Cross Roads (XR). I too tend to like something different than the mainstream. I rode from So Cal to Florida and back (added Cee Bailey's tallest screen in Florida) and for me this is long distance perfection. Plenty of carrying capacity. Stock seat is great to my surprise. After discovering the known issues with the Harleys from X Harley riders who now ride Victorys, it was a no brainer. Especially after being spoiled with Japanese dependability. Go for it!

·
Premium Member
86 Posts
Hello all,

I don't actually HAVE a Victory yet, but like my Triumph experience, I decided to join a forum and learn what I could beforehand. Get a feel for these, if you will.
I did the exact same thing before buying my Victory. Being an informed consumer is always a good thing, welcome.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks guys...really appreciate it. In fact, the Cross Roads was exactly what I had my eye on.

Good to hear on the reliability front - I had sixteen Japanese bikes before an old BMW airhead (refurbish job), Ducati (a unruly and finicky old carbie SS I installed flatslides on), and then the two Triumphs. Seems like at some point I wanted to discover what else was out there.

I'm envisioning exploring my old Northern Michigan haunts this spring, this time on two wheels.

Thanks again for the welcome.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts