Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,868 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I noticed the Ness CC models have a nice black trim piece on each side along the top of the painted fairing. The trim piece looks great and it also seems it was intended to eliminate ratteling between the Ness windshield and the Ness CC fairing. Even though my bike is the CCT, I wanted to add these trim pieces. The item number is: 5521807 and the Victory list price is $17.99 each. You'll need two of them for each CC or CCT and they're simply called Trim-Fairing.

It seems you'll have to pull the fairing cover off to mount them since the trim piece has a full length of 3M adhesive tape on them. I've not pulled my fairing cover off yet as I need to ensure I know how to do it without damaging or breaking off any tabs. Any suggestions on that front would be much appreciated.

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
I posted this on the *** but here it is again...

It's quite easy.

Pull the headlight trim piece off. I used a dull knife to get it started by wedging it between the edge. Once you get it started, just grab it with your fingers and pull. It's got 4 "snaps" that hold it in.

Then remove the headlight. There's 4 screws ... two at top, two at bottom. Disconnect the bulb wires from the bulbs. Take note of which one goes to the top bulb. Note: the top screws on mine were quite tight until almost all the way out.

Remove the speaker grilles. They snap out and best to pry them from the outer edges.

Remove the screws just behind the speaker grilles (one on each side near the outer edge).

Remove two more scews which are below that (one on each side) about half way between the top one and the wind wings.

Remove the screws holding the clear wind wings in.

Now you're ready to pull the fairing cover.

Note that at the bottom where the headlight was, there is a plastic PIN that the fairing is positioned onto. You will have to pull the fairing plastic (or pry it) off that PIN.

Locate the signal light wires and disconnect them. They are snapped together in a connector so just reach in, find the wire and trace it back to the connector. The connector has little "catches" that have to be depressed to pull them apart. Be careful as those "catches" break easy (don't ask me how I know this LOL)

You can now pull the fairing cover from the bottom outwards and upwards. You'll then note that the top should be free and the whole thing can be pulled directly forward and off the bike.

Inside the fairing cover you will see two large "hook like" PINS. Take note of where these go as you will have to position them properly when you put it back together.

Put it together in the reverse. Be careful not to get any wires snagged between the fairing cover and what it mates to (generally near the bottom where the headlight goes.

Hope that helps... others will chime in I'm sure.

·
Premium Member
1,868 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank You!

·
Registered
1,365 Posts

·
Registered
2,077 Posts

·
Registered
1,365 Posts

·
Premium Member
313 Posts
You can also buy door edge trim at any auto parts store for about $5 and save some $$$. Works great.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts