Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
482 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone used a CC fairing on a Vegas? I defiantly want wind protection and rather than going with Memphis shades or another manufacturer I'd look to stay with something manufactured for a victory.

Sent from Motorcycle.com App

·
Premium Member
1,501 Posts
Might wanna check either HMD. They might have something in the works.

·
Premium Member
259 Posts
I tried with a cc fairing and there would be alot of fab work for mounts and it was too close to the bars how we had it. I went with a wide open custom and its bulky but does the trick and wasnt cost prohibitive to use

·
Registered
482 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I just can't see having a windshield. I am going be going with a fairing. My problem is that I am extremely picky and not just any fairing is going to work for me. Thanks for the input but I know what I want.

Sent from Motorcycle.com App

·
Registered
158 Posts
Met a guy at a pizza place in Rhode Island who had a Cross Country fairing and hard bags on his Kingpin, so it is feasible on the steel frame bikes. He had gotten a lot of work done by Kyle at KMC, maybe a quick email to him could point you in the right direction.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Batwing

I've used the fly screen and rode cross country, now have the Batwing. Good protection, easy on and off. Trying to get a pic in my gallery

·
Registered
504 Posts
Anything is possible if you put in the time and effort it take to make it work, and especially if you are anal about things than it's best to do it yourself. no disrespect to hmd or withdoc but they would go about doing it the same way you would on your own. good luck!

·
Registered
33 Posts
I've used the fly screen and rode cross country, now have the Batwing. Good protection, easy on and off. Trying to get a pic in my gallery
I now have a pic of each in my gallery. The fly screen blocks most of the wind off your chest, no hand and limited head protection. The Batwing works really well for me, I did go with the med height screen and eliminated most of the buffeting. Good luck

·
Registered
483 Posts
Not trying to steal your thread but...I'd like to try a CC fairing on my CR...BuT..I only want the outer shell...no radio etc. [just like an empty batwing] But as i understand it, it is the inner shell that mounts it?

·
Registered
33 Posts
Batwing

The MS Batwing I bought was made for the Vic Vegas models, easy to mount, quick release that works in seconds, no internal mounts, priced right from Bike Bandit. I'm not a fan of radios/GPS/or anything else that I find distracting, just a little protection for longer rides. My longest day to date was 632 miles in 11 hours, with the fly screen. Long hot day, but anything you get that blocks the wind from your chest will work. Ride safe thumb up

1 - 11 of 11 Posts