Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
321 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone using this and have info or want to sell one?

Reasons for considering skidplate - I live off a gravel road and makes using the skidplate to lift bike easier...

if you have input or want to sell or recommend one maker over anothers?

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
witchdoctors has one and also a video on installing it.

·
Registered
135 Posts
i put one on my 12 XR that I got from HMD520. the holes did not line up so I had to bore them out so I could get the 4 bolts in. Not really a big deal but the part is rather pricing in my opinion so I would expect a little better quality. No experience on the one from Witchdoc but I would think most likely from an outside source since they look the same. Again, not bad-mouthing anyone just be aware!
RIDE SAFE!

·
Registered
321 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i put one on my 12 XR that I got from HMD520. the holes did not line up so I had to bore them out so I could get the 4 bolts in. Not really a big deal but the part is rather pricing in my opinion so I would expect a little better quality. No experience on the one from Witchdoc but I would think most likely from an outside source since they look the same. Again, not bad-mouthing anyone just be aware!
RIDE SAFE!
Thanks for the info... How well does it work when using with bike on a MC lift? Any experience there?

·
Premium Member
13,303 Posts
Thanks for the info... How well does it work when using with bike on a MC lift? Any experience there?
Others have said it works well with the lift. Much easier. I have one I haven't put on yet. Too many other things with a higher priority right now.

I can tell you it's heavy. I doubt many would feel it being so low on the bike but it may effect gas mileage slightly.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Others have said it works well with the lift. Much easier. I have one I haven't put on yet. Too many other things with a higher priority right now.

I can tell you it's heavy. I doubt many would feel it being so low on the bike but it may effect gas mileage slightly.
it is heavy and works great with a lift or jack. being flat on the bottom makes it more stable while lifted......

·
Premium Member
607 Posts
I've got it mounted on mine, makes no differance on gas mileage. It took all of 30 mins to install with the help of my jack to get the holes lined up. It does help with the lifting of the bike however you will still find its best to remove the trunk before lifting.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts