Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
12,203 Posts
Are you referring to the lock nut at the top center?

·
Registered
12,203 Posts
Can I assume you are attempting to adjust your steering head bearings? You are certainly being cryptic about it. If so...
This might have some purists pulling their hair out, but here's how I went about tightening loose steering head bearings. I raised the bike off the floor, then I loosened the lock nut atop the triple tree and the fork clamps. With a long, straight screwdriver, I placed the end in an appropriate notch on the adjusting nut and tapped the screwdriver with a hammer, thus turning it to tighten it. I would do that, stop and yank on the bottoms of the forks to feel for play and when there was no play, I tapped a little more and secured the fasteners, lock nut first, then the fork clamps.
Regarding torque specs; go to any of Bbob's posts and in his signature there are links to service manuals. Download the one for your bike and all the torque specs will be there for this and future projects.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks Ricz. Not being cryptic just stressed out trying to get this project finished ... correctly. To give you more background, I purchased a 23" wheel kit with a Kewlmetal 8* triple tree. No instructions, do it yourself videos or write ups i could find so I just dug in although my supplier has gone above and beyond. I did downloaded BBob's service manual ... thanks for enlightening me to this ... and it's helped tremendously. Working on torquing things down now and then back together. Again, thanks for your input.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts