Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good Morning,

I own a 2013 Cross Country Tourer. The pin that holds the passenger foot board onto the mount keeps walking out over time. Right now I'm tapping it back in about every 600 miles. Anybody else have this problem, and what did you do to keep it firmly seated??

Thanks, Larry

·
Registered
116 Posts
Mine do the same thing. Hasn't been annoying enough to seek a solution yet. I'll keep an eye on this thread though.

wac

·
Super Moderator
6,378 Posts
Other folks have chimed in about that. Some have taken the pin out and reversed it.

·
13,254 Posts
Take the pin out and turn it around so the the pin head faces the front of the bike. Have it so the C clip is facing the back of the bike.
That way the head will alway be tight to the mount.

·
Premium Member
64 Posts
I ended up put a snap ring on mine and it hasn't moved yet :).

·
Registered
784 Posts
Take the pin out and turn it around so the the pin head faces the front of the bike. Have it so the C clip is facing the back of the bike.
That way the head will alway be tight to the mount.
Actually you'd want the pin head to the rear. For some reason they vibrate to the front of the bike. Mine does it too but the clip has kept it in so far. Thought about reversing it, but still on the "to do" list.

·
Registered
2,084 Posts
The pin's walking (a little bit) doesn't bother me, but shortly after I got my XCT, when the pin almost fell out -- and hence the passenger mini-board almost fell off (noticed it a rest stop, with my wife on the trip) -- that was no good.

What happened was that the circlip that goes around the end of the pin had fallen off. I bought an official new Victory circlip, put it on, and then slathered the entire surface around the circlip with red (i.e., "permanent") thread locker... on both the new one and the other side. See pic http://www.billanddot.com/victory-xct/#28 in my gallery. That has worked fine for 2+ years now.

A few folks here have drilled through the pin, near the end, and putter a cotter pin through it. So that's another option.

·
13,254 Posts
wspollack great photos.
One of the guys slid a o-ring on the pin then the c clip. The o-ring put drag on the pin makes it harder to loose the pin.
I have the flat end of the pin facing forward for the last 3 years and never had any problems.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts