Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any Thoughts on tires, Thinking about Shinko. Just came back from Neah Bay Washington and was told by fellow rider that the Front tire treads look fairly worn,

·
Registered
602 Posts
I have just switched from Dunlop's to Avon Cobra's ...and if it's possible to love a bike more than I did before.....LOL I can't believe how much better the bike handles the road....wet, dry, [email protected]!!!

Ride safe,

Rob

·
Registered
4,067 Posts
I have to agree with @CanuckRob ....I've tried a few sets of shoes on my CC but Avon Cobras offer the best performance. Cobras probably don't wear as well as some other tires but for their all condition high performance..its worth having to replace the rear a little sooner than later.... ;)

·
Registered
2,311 Posts
Tire threads are like oil threads, just based on somebody's opinion. The stock tires work just fine but other choices out there work fine as well.

·
Registered
560 Posts
Find a tire you like but, keep in mind that tires have maximum weight carrying capacities and many m/c tire manufacturers do not make a tire that is rated to carry the weight of a CCT and 2 passengers, let alone the bags stuffed. The Shinko max weight is 827lbs, 160 lbs less than a Dunlop elite 3 or 4.

·
Registered
1,264 Posts
Yes that's why it says in the manual you will die in a fiery crash if you use anything but stock tires. :)

·
Premium Member
250 Posts
Tires for CCT

I went around and around with myself about what kind of tire to get ...even had a post about tires for our CCT... WELL I finally made up my mind and ordered some last night.......Avon Cobra's.....Should be here next week and I'll post how well I like them.. I hope so...They cost enough :grin

·
Registered
602 Posts
I went around and around with myself about what kind of tire to get ...even had a post about tires for our CCT... WELL I finally made up my mind and ordered some last night.......Avon Cobra's.....Should be here next week and I'll post how well I like them.. I hope so...They cost enough :grin
Old Dad my bill was 980 Bucks Canadian...included install and 90 degree valve stems....i am still extremely pleased with them I will be buying them again....watching the mileage with them closely!

Ride safe and enjoy your new shoes!!

Rob

·
Registered
694 Posts
Find a tire you like but, keep in mind that tires have maximum weight carrying capacities and many m/c tire manufacturers do not make a tire that is rated to carry the weight of a CCT and 2 passengers, let alone the bags stuffed. The Shinko max weight is 827lbs, 160 lbs less than a Dunlop elite 3 or 4.
My Commander II's have a rating of 1,019 lbs or an 81 Load rating. The highest in the industry.

·
Premium Member
250 Posts
Tire Load Rating

You know...we talk about load ratings for tires but can someone tell me just "Exactly" how much weight does each tire have on it. Is it half the weight of the bike plus rider weight ? I have no idea .... And why would they manufacture a tire saying it fits a certain bike and it not be safe for the weight and rider ? Just asking....FMI

·
Registered
560 Posts
You know...we talk about load ratings for tires but can someone tell me just "Exactly" how much weight does each tire have on it. Is it half the weight of the bike plus rider weight ? I have no idea .... And why would they manufacture a tire saying it fits a certain bike and it not be safe for the weight and rider ? Just asking....FMI
It is assuredly not split 50/50. The only real way to determine the split weight would be a double scale. Maybe I can get the guys in our commercial motor vehicle unit to bring their scales by the office and test my (empty bag) CCT. That said every accessory and modification will change the ratios. Lowering kits, aftermarket shocks and exhaust can make a real difference.
Regarding why they would make a tire size saying it fits is usually done by resellers not the manufacturers. Go to Michelin's website...they list no tires for the CCT, but lots of people put commander II's on their CCT's. I would even consider them, none the less. I wish they (michelin) made a radial version in CCT size.

·
Premium Member
250 Posts
Thanks, Bigmike17...Looking forward to what you find out if they bring the scales. It will be interesting to know.

·
Premium Member
250 Posts
Well guys I finally got the Avon Cobras put on the CCT and I'll have to agree with several of you guys that they are a great tire. I haven't put them through the pace of the twisties yet but so far (50 miles from dealership installation) I'm all smiles.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts