Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
1,207 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I ordered one of those 7jurock shields. Looks great but the top is right in my line of sight annoying me.
I did measure and ordered the shortest they offer.
Can't go lower because the CCT brackets.
So what do I do?
Tour shield doesn't bother me except in the rain and I'm blind.
Bike seems to ride much better without that giant thing too.

·
Registered
1,481 Posts
If you get a Klockwerx flip windshield you remove the stock windshield mounts. Maybe that would be low enough for you.

·
Registered
1,207 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Do I need different brackets?
I know fairing is same for the cross bikes but didn't really pay attention to the windshield until now.

I'm really a bit upset with myself when I measured this I used a piece of tape stuck where it looked good. I didn't ride far enough to really settle into the more relaxed position. D'oh.

·
Registered
1,228 Posts
I did all those cheap "custom" windshields. SOLD THEM ALL. Either the quality was bad, but more often than not the optics sucked.

I finally went with the Cee Bailey's original but a custom height...NEVER LOOKED BACK. Works perfectly and couldn't be happier.

·
Registered
2,070 Posts
Do I need different brackets?
I know fairing is same for the cross bikes but didn't really pay attention to the windshield until now.

I'm really a bit upset with myself when I measured this I used a piece of tape stuck where it looked good. I didn't ride far enough to really settle into the more relaxed position. D'oh.
No, you don't need the brackets that come stock with the Tour. Those brackets were only added to that model to support the barn-door windshield that came with it. If you remove the brackets, your fairing is the same as the Cross Country, and you can mount any of the dozens of windshields for that model, directly to the built-in metal strips on the fairing (the ones that the extra XCT brackets attached to).

When I ordered my (now sold) XCT, I had the dealer install -- as part of the uncrating process -- a Klockwerks Flare, instead of the stocker (because I knew the stock was too tall, and I'm a look-over rider, not a look-through rider). When I picked up the bike, he presented me with the brackets and the stock windshield, and all the bolts and washers, etc. Put them in the car, and my wife drove home and I rode the bike home.

I sold the stocker and brackets, and a year later sold the Flare and installed a Madstad system. The Flare was nice, and worked well for me, but it only works well in a limited height/torso range: too short, and you look through the curved lip, and too tall and you get buffeting. And I wanted to try something different, anyway. The Madstad works well, is available in assorted sizes, but a lot of folks think it's fugly. So remove the stock brackets, and you can try all sorts of windshields, including, I assume, different 7Juroc sizes. Try three or four, and you're still spending way less money than, say, a new exhaust system. Good luck.

·
Registered
1,207 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yeah I'm on the madstad website looking at that option.

·
Registered
1,481 Posts
If you can find someone with a Klockwerx flare, that might be ideal for you. It is just tiny bit too low for me and you are bit shorter than me so it might be perfect. As noted, it mounts to the fairing holes without the large stock windscreen brackets.

·
Registered
1,207 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Making me feel all vertically challenged now.

I ordered a madstad this morning.

I'll get over the weird looks if it functions as well as they claim. I like what I was reading about adjusting it for different riding conditions.
Not sure how well those work 2up but I will probably never find a passenger so not worried on that at the moment. I'll just keep the tour shield.

·
Registered
1,228 Posts
IndyVictory...The last windshield system I tried was the Madstad. It was on my bike for about a week...I could not get used to the air stream (many adjustments) or the LOOK. They are dog ugly on the bike...you'll see. Too much room between the windshield and the fairing.

As I said, I went to Cee Bailey's windshield that looks just like the original Victory shield...but I got a custom height of 15" and works PERFECTLY for me (I'm 5'7"). The ONLY thing I'll do different next time is to get the shield with the cutout filled in on the bottom...otherwise, I am a totally happy camper...and it looks great!!

·
Registered
1,207 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
IndyVictory...The last windshield system I tried was the Madstad. It was on my bike for about a week...I could not get used to the air stream (many adjustments) or the LOOK. They are dog ugly on the bike...you'll see. Too much room between the windshield and the fairing.

As I said, I went to Cee Bailey's windshield that looks just like the original Victory shield...but I got a custom height of 15" and works PERFECTLY for me (I'm 5'7"). The ONLY thing I'll do different next time is to get the shield with the cutout filled in on the bottom...otherwise, I am a totally happy camper...and it looks great!!
Yeah I looked that up too they stopped making any motorcycle shields a while ago.

I've seen plenty of pictures of the madstad.

·
Registered
1,481 Posts
I've got a Madstad on my bike in NC. It works great and isn't that bad looking. I've never felt any undesirable air streams coming from between it and the fairing.

·
Registered
1,207 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I think the bad looking part is the gap between fairing and shield. It's certainly different looking but all I'm seeing is praise for it for function and that's really all that matters.

·
Registered
4,064 Posts
I love my Madstad...one of the most effective accessories I've ever put on my CC

This is the 9" med. tint shield

·
Registered
1,207 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I love my Madstad...one of the most effective accessories I've ever put on my CC

This is the 9" med. tint shield
Exact same that I ordered for my sunset red. Now I'm thinking I should have went darker. :(

·
Registered
1,481 Posts
Nah, the bad looking parts are the huge black supports and tightening knobs that are highly visible from the captain's seat.

·
Registered
1,228 Posts
Yeah I looked that up too they stopped making any motorcycle shields a while ago.

I've seen plenty of pictures of the madstad.
Oh wow...man, I didn't know that. I knew I shoulda bought an extra shield when I had the chance. Too bad, they were/are very high quality. Sorry man.

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
Shouldnt be hard to find some sort of fancy billet alum knob. I think they are only a 1/4x20 screw. So like one of them chrome wing nuts for an air cleaner on the old chevys or fords.
I spent a day out riding and a silver sharpie to mark where I liked it air flow wise.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts