Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Let me start by giving some technical information so my opinions make sense :)

I'm 6'2" @ 200lbs. I like to ride sitting straight up (no slouching).

The stock "tall" windshield that comes with the XCT is 18" tall. The top edge of the shield was just about the top bridge of my nose, so I either had to sit very straight (almost stretching) to see over the screen, or slouch slightly so look through it. In either position using both my full face and 1/2 helmet, I received no buffeting.

So I found the Cee Bailey's windscreens. http://www.ceebaileys.com/victory/victory_XC_tour_original.html

I took some tape and measured out what the 16" would be like for my height and it was perfect. So I ordered the light tint 16" with vent. One thing that I found out pretty quick is that they make the shield to order...so you are looking at ~2 weeks before shipping. Not a bad deal, but I didn't know it and was a little anxious.

I installed the shield and here are my thoughts.
  • Perfect fit
  • Edges are smooth and look very good
  • The center cutout notch is slightly higher than the stock shield (maybe 1/4"-1/2")
  • The vent cutout adjusts from the inside and is well made
  • Light tint is very "light", but looks very good
  • No buffeting; however, I feel more wind which is good
The only complaint, which is not really a complaint is that on the stock shield(s) you have black tint that follows all the mounting screws. This black tint hides the fairings mounting frame and rubber seals on each screw. The Cee Bailey's does not have this black tint, so you can see the mounting frame from the fairing. It does not look bad, but it was a small visual difference I noticed right away.

I am very happy with this product and for those having similar windshield height issues like myself, I recommend this high quality product.

·
Registered
356 Posts
Nice review and pics. Hopefully the vent helps with the heat.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts