1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Administrator
5,947 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
336 Posts
Interesting. I just picked up a windscreen from them for my XR. PITA lining up the windshield brackets to the drilled holes but it looks good.

·
Administrator
5,947 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I must admit, with the winter coming, I am tempted to get a set.

·
Registered
12,245 Posts
I must admit, with the winter coming, I am tempted to get a set.
One must be prepared for those frigid SoCal winters. Don't forget to put the tire chains in the trunk. :ltr::ltr::ltr:

·
Registered
221 Posts
What running lights are those down there with the reflectors? And, where are those mounted?

·
Administrator
5,947 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
One must be prepared for those frigid SoCal winters. Don't forget to put the tire chains in the trunk. :ltr::ltr::ltr:
Hahaha... Indeed! Well, it does get cold, especially on early mornings from November to February. And while the windshield does an excellent job to protect my body, my legs don't fare as well.

What running lights are those down there with the reflectors? And, where are those mounted?
Not sure, but they seem to be fork mounted. There are some threads already started on lights. Here's a good one to read on: http://www.victoryforums.com/showthread.php?t=5354&.

·
Registered
12,245 Posts
Wonder if that affects the ride in any way.
Yeah it does. It makes your legs and lower body more comfortable. Seriously, they have no effect otherwise.

·
Registered
293 Posts
Are the saying there is a winter and summer version and if so I wonder what the difference is. I can't tell a difference other than the color. Maybe that's all they are talking about.

·
Administrator
5,947 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Are the saying there is a winter and summer version and if so I wonder what the difference is. I can't tell a difference other than the color. Maybe that's all they are talking about.
That is the only difference. Once is translucent, the other's opaque. I like the translucent look, but I like how the opaque hide the supports so they're not visible from the front.

·
Registered
293 Posts
That is the only difference. Once is translucent, the other's opaque. I like the translucent look, but I like how the opaque hide the supports so they're not visible from the front.
That's kinda what I was thinking, I too don't like the looks of the mount.

Also the description says they are adjustable but I don't see where they adjust. The one bolt hole looks slightly elongated, I wonder if that's the adjustment. I would kind of suck to have to carry a wrench and stop to make adjustments.

·
Premium Member
13,292 Posts
I got the impression the Summer set is smaller and lets more air flow through. Maybe I got the wrong impression.

As far as adjusting them goes...I can say from my experience with the Baker Wings; they don't get adjusted very often. Once for Summer and once for the rest of the year.

After someone posted a sales coupon for Motoworldracing.com (code MOTO20); I did a little checking and found the Victory crash bar and lowers to be in the realm of affordability so I copied the list and took it down to my local dealer to see if they could come close to matching the prices and they did. So in a couple of weeks I should have a 2011 XCT. :D

I would have gone for the Cee Bailey lowers otherwise or possibly the JTD lowers when they become available for the forged crash bars.

·
Registered
573 Posts
Wonder if that affects the ride in any way.
I have a couple thousand miles on the Flectors (actually CB used my bike to design them, my bike pictured on their web site). I have not noticed any affect on the handling at speeds up to a hundred or so.

Did a 900 mile two day trip with them, and they are "da bomb".

Trying another new style shield Saturday....will post results.

·
Registered
573 Posts
That's kinda what I was thinking, I too don't like the looks of the mount.

Also the description says they are adjustable but I don't see where they adjust. The one bolt hole looks slightly elongated, I wonder if that's the adjustment. I would kind of suck to have to carry a wrench and stop to make adjustments.
You do need a wrench to adjust them, you are correct it is the top elongated hole. Putting a wrench in one of the saddlebags isn't all thar tough though:p Also, as mentioned, they aren't the type of thing you adjust on a daily basis.

I have the dark ones for the same reason, plus I thought they looked better on a black bike.

·
Registered
25 Posts
I have a couple thousand miles on the Flectors (actually CB used my bike to design them, my bike pictured on their web site). I have not noticed any affect on the handling at speeds up to a hundred or so.

Did a 900 mile two day trip with them, and they are "da bomb".

Trying another new style shield Saturday....will post results.
Are you still happy with your choice?

·
Registered
221 Posts
Are you still happy with these?
I wonder how well the summer ones will feel? When it gets really hot here, will it be enough air?

How much does it help with the buffeting? Cause the victory fork mounted wings blow chunks...

·
Premium Member
180 Posts
I installed a set of these a few months back. With the winter flectors you do feel more heat from the engine but that can be a plus when the mercury drops. I switched them out to the summer screens to make a 1200 mile round trip to Mobile, AL last weekend and have to say that I was very pleased. No noticeable buffeting and no heat problems despite temps in the high 80s. I usually cruise 10 over the posted which for this ride was 80 mph.

I have the mid-size OEM Victory sheild and am thinking of going with the Cee Bailey vented model mostly to control rain water which pools in my instrument panel when mother natures comes down heavy. :cool:

·
Registered
520 Posts
Don't worry about adjusting them as it makes no difference anyways. The summer "bikini cut" are the bomb, they let just the right amount of air thru and no buffeting. I just rode 2 hours on the freeway with these in 39 degrees and they work great. Yes, I would of rather had the winter ones on tonight as my toes would be warmer now but the summer Flectors are the best all around for most riding conditions. I use these along with the Kewlmetal style winglets and a Gustaffson +4 Euroflip w/shield and have No buffeting.

·
Registered
221 Posts
My only concern even with the Summer cut reflectors, is that they will hold too much heat. I want to reduce the buffeting but have as much air flow as possible.

Then if I go for it, deciding between black or dark grey... I'm leaning to the dark grey...

Sometimes I wonder if I completely removed the forged highway bars and floorboards, and swithed in pust foot pegs and heel stirips, if the buffeting wind from underneath would be reduced also... Hmmmm.

·
Registered
573 Posts
Are you still happy with these?
I wonder how well the summer ones will feel? When it gets really hot here, will it be enough air?

How much does it help with the buffeting? Cause the victory fork mounted wings blow chunks...
I finally switched to the Victory hard lowers offered on the new Tour. I like them better because of the vents, although they are awfully pricey.

The Cee Flectors made a significant difference in buffeting, and are one of the best deals out there for the money (IMHO).

I haven't tried the Cee Flectors in really high temps, maybe a hundred or so last fall, and no real issue, although if your did a lot of riding in town (i.e. stop and go) it might be a different story.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts