Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My Center Panel won't stay down. It is the one that sits in front of the seat. This is on a 2008 Vision. Anyhow I do have both doors open when I seat it. It goes on but I can watch it pop up..... I pulled the metal pins and put a washer under each. That seemed better. Then I wrapped the pins with electrical tape. They stayed down till today in the HOT sun they popped back up.....

Do I need to go buy new grommets? They looked OK but maybe they are just too worn out...

What do you all think?

Bill

·
Registered
130 Posts
Dunno what recent maintenance you may have had lately but lay the cover down loosely on top of the area and verify that the pins are aligning with the grommets correctly.

·
Registered
545 Posts
Make sure that your seat is fully back and hooked at the rear and fully down and tight in the front. The usual cause of the panel popping up is that the seat front is pushing down too much on the rear of the panel... make sure that your seat is not over the top of the panel.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I am not sure if it will stay down but I checked the seat and all OK there. I did push down on the wires and moved the one connector off center. It seemed to seat better and has not poped back up. Hopefully it will stay down.

Bill

·
13,231 Posts
sounds like a trip to the dealer and get some new grommets

1 - 5 of 5 Posts