Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just purchased a 2011 Cross Country today. Looking to install a center stand. Any suggestions where I can purchase one?

Thanks for any info ....

·
The Diamond
4,001 Posts
Welcome Victory Forums.

A couple of pointers. Please take the time to read the “Sticky” threads in the “Victory Forums Rules and New Members Introductions” forum. This will help you out a LOT with the Victory Forums.

The Search feature is your friend! You will find the answers to a lot of your questions by using it.

If you are asking questions that are of a technical/mechanical/electrical/performance nature, please place them in the “Victory Tech and Performance” forum. This will speed up a response. Placing them in the model specific forum can delay a response.

·
Registered
6 Posts
center stand

victory sells a bolt on center stand for the xc however my dealer tells me it will cut down on your lean angle - he wasn't sure how much it would cut down on the lean angle. I have decided to wait till someone on this forum installs one and has a report on the install, ease of use etc etc etc..... let us know!

·
Registered
12,330 Posts
Just purchased a 2011 Cross Country today. Looking to install a center stand. Any suggestions where I can purchase one?

Thanks for any info ....
I ordered the Vic centerstand when I spec'd my XR. What a POS! It doesn't lift the bike, just touches down so you have a 4 point landing. And you had better be on very level ground. It reduced the lean angle dramatically - I was grinding off the legs. Removed it and returned it to my dealer who gave me a full refund. In 59 years of riding I never had a bike without a centerstand, until my XR. I got used to the concept. Bought a lift for maintenance work. If you are going to do the same, search that thread and see my post where I show photos of a simple adapter I made that has the bike rock solid on the lift with no tie downs required.

·
Registered
12,330 Posts

·
Registered
2011 Cross Country w/multiple adaptations
154 Posts
2011 XC centerstand

I also bought the Victory centerstand. It only touches down when I forget to add air in the suspension and am riding 2up in an aggressive left hand lean and hit eneven pavement. With the proper air in the rear end, I have not had any problems. It comes in really handy in the garage and when filling up. other than that, I use the side stand when parking on unlevel ground. As stated in previous post...it only gives you a four point landing, and does not really lift the rear wheel off the tarmac. I have yet to find an aftermarket alternative.

·
Premium Member
1,002 Posts
Any chance of a pic with the center stand raised, as if ready to ride? Thanks.

·
Registered
12,330 Posts
Your pics illustrate the reason I returned mine. It hangs down too low because the foot lever doesn't curve properly around the left pipe so the stand can tuck up higher - and there is room for it to do that. Unless yours has a much narrower footprint than mine did, it touched down very early in a turn. Nerve wracking it was. Had the foot pads ground about half off in the first week I owned the bike. Yes, I had the proper air in the rear shock. Removed it and got a full refund from my dealer. They sent it back to the factory with comments attached. Never owned a bike without a centerstand, but I have wired my brain around that. Got a lift for maintenance work. I'm learning to adapt at my advanced age.

·
Registered
679 Posts
Your pics illustrate the reason I returned mine. It hangs down too low because the foot lever doesn't curve properly around the left pipe so the stand can tuck up higher - and there is room for it to do that. Unless yours has a much narrower footprint than mine did, it touched down very early in a turn. Nerve wracking it was. Had the foot pads ground about half off in the first week I owned the bike. Yes, I had the proper air in the rear shock. Removed it and got a full refund from my dealer. They sent it back to the factory with comments attached. Never owned a bike without a centerstand, but I have wired my brain around that. Got a lift for maintenance work. I'm learning to adapt at my advanced age.
I am not sure what the difference might be but if my pictures were better you would be able to see that mine have not worn down at all. I don't recall ever dragging anything cornering. I may not ride as aggressive as some, but living in Utah we do have allot of mountain twisties to ride. I ride them as hard as I want to and never had any problem. If I am riding double and go through a very steep approach in a driveway, rarely I will hear a drag noise. But it has not been severe enough to mark up the stand at all. It will not lift the rear tire off the ground, but I carry a few 2"square pieces of 3/4" OSB in my saddle bag and I can tilt the bike from side to side to slide under the stand and lift the tire off the ground if needed. It serves my purpose to be able to stand the bike upright for cleaning and checking the oil. I am happy with the stand, but many others may expect it to do more than it does.:)

·
Registered
12,330 Posts
Wes, if it works for you that's all that counts. Yours may have design differences that make it better.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Are the legs height adjustable? Can't tell from the pics, lookslike an arm with a locknut... On the Kingbagger version

·
13,262 Posts
Are the legs height adjustable? Can't tell from the pics, lookslike an arm with a locknut... On the Kingbagger version
sure would think so. How ells would you level it if they were not adjustable

·
Premium Member
13 Posts
Catch 22!

...and we have been waiting for you to try it and report. :eek

victory sells a bolt on center stand for the xc however my dealer tells me it will cut down on your lean angle - he wasn't sure how much it would cut down on the lean angle. I have decided to wait till someone on this forum installs one and has a report on the install, ease of use etc etc etc..... let us know!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts