Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi. Does anyone out there have a center tank mounted on their XC or XCT? I had previously owned a 2011 Vision and was advised against adding a center stand by the dealer due to clearance issues when leaning the bike in the twisters. Unfortunately I had to sell the Vision but now find myself in the market for a XCT. I would love to have a center stand for any number of reasons. Curious if anyone out there has one and has issues with clearance. Please let me know. Thanks.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Bbob, thanks for the reminder on the search feature. My bad. Appreciate the link.

·
Registered
12,239 Posts
Had a Vic stand come on my bike and I took it off in two days. What a piece of crap! Dragged in gentle turns and would not lift both tires. Then a couple welds broke. Got my money back and rely on the side stand and a lift when needed.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ric, I read through the thread Bbob gave me and saw the dialogue associated with the center stand issues. Thanks for the info.

·
Registered
154 Posts
center stand

I installed my Vic center stand within a week of buying the bike (2011 XC). I always use it when parked in the garage. No issues...No, it does not actually lift either tire completely off the ground, but a 1/2" piece of hard wood under it does lift the rear. I use it routinely to assist with maint., cleaning, and checking tire pressure. I also have a craftsman M/C lift for the bigger jobs. I've had the center stand drag on rare occasions, which reminded me to put a little more air in the rear shock.

Hi. Does anyone out there have a center tank mounted on their XC or XCT? I had previously owned a 2011 Vision and was advised against adding a center stand by the dealer due to clearance issues when leaning the bike in the twisters. Unfortunately I had to sell the Vision but now find myself in the market for a XCT. I would love to have a center stand for any number of reasons. Curious if anyone out there has one and has issues with clearance. Please let me know. Thanks.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts