Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
851 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If your in the area, I HIGHLY recommend stopping by Bill's Old Bike Barn and Museum. With over 40,000 square feet and over 200 bikes makes the trip well worth it.

I went there this past weekend. I walked in the front door and was impressed with what I saw and thought it was well worth the $5 cost. There were lots of bikes to check out on the floor and above it around the perimeter. Plus there was a small shop where you could buy some t-shirts and patches.

Bill's wife met us and explained the layout a bit telling us there is a back room, and the streets of Billville. So we headed into the back room. The walkway is lined with display cases stuffed full of motorcycle memorabilia that you could take hours to look at and appreciate including engine cutaways. Then we entered the second room. It isn't as big as the main room but the motorcycle treasures are just as bountiful. There I found my personal favorites, an Indian Chief and Scout, but there is so much more. BSA, Norton, Honda, Peugeot, several I've never heard of.... and of course lots of Harley's. The walls are lined with lighted signs which made it hard to take pictures of them with my cell phone camera though.

Then we went back into the main room via the upstairs walkway and was treated to more of the same as downstairs. Even the skylights were lined with motorcycle badges and patches. Everywhere you looked there is nothing but motorcycles.

We got to the far end of the main room and were greeted with a view down the street of Billville. There are more bikes along the streets but much much more. When we got to the end of the first street we found that there was another that lead to the town square. There are shops and music stores, eateries, toy stores, Post Office, Mayor's Office, Dentist Office, a Salon, and even a Fire House complete with an old Harley Fire bike. Everything was the same beautifully restored, museum quality items. You truly could lose yourself in here for hours if not days.

Even if you don't like bikes but like history, this place is well worth stopping by if you're in the area. Heck it's even worth going out of your way to find.

http://www.billsbikebarn.com/

·
Registered
418 Posts
1 - 5 of 5 Posts