Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone used any of these products? I am thinking of getting Centramatic. More expensive than other products but can be used for many tire changes. Centramatic claims they have balancers with 1,439,716 miles on them. And they are located down here in my neck of the woods. Y'all come back.

·
Premium Member
547 Posts
I use Ride-On and love it. It balances the tire perfectly and I have even had it plug punctures.

Others have reported it just spraying the coagulant all over the place instead of plugging the hole but it has worked well for me.

·
Premium Member
397 Posts
I've been using Dyna Beads for some time now, smooth at all speeds. Plus I don't have to look at those ugly weights stuck on my wheels.

·
Registered
579 Posts
I have used dyna beads, smooth ride every time.
My only complaint was when changing tires, I always seemed to spill the old beads on the floor.

I have been considering the Centermatic balancers. One of my goldwing riding friends has them. Says they're great. Last time he traded his bike in, he pulled them off the old one, put them on the new one. That beats spending another $300.

·
Registered
53 Posts
You can replace a bunch of tires with new dyna beads for the price of the centramatics. I'm gonna stick with dyna beads. I've used them in the past and they seem to work perfectly. I do my own tire changes and use dyna beads for balancing, they are a bit of a pain to install but a turkey baster with a length of clear tubing works pretty well..

·
13,177 Posts
Has anyone used any of these products? I am thinking of getting Centramatic. More expensive than other products but can be used for many tire changes. Centramatic claims they have balancers with 1,439,716 miles on them. And they are located down here in my neck of the woods. Y'all come back.
Have you gone to the tech section and done your research? Or are you being lazy

·
Administrator
5,977 Posts
Ride-On's in my tires, and no complaints. Any of my future tires will continue to get Ride-On in them. thumb up

·
Registered
12,296 Posts
I'm using Ride-On and my tire guy loves that I do. Nuff sed.

·
Registered
209 Posts
Anyone with Centramatic experience?
I'm going for the fronts with a new E3 in the A.M. and continuing on with a 300 mile trip. Will report.

·
13,177 Posts
for the price of Centramatic you could buy new tire.
I dough you will get any more miles out of a tire.
You'll just get a lot of questions "what are those things" they coast how much
Take the money and go buy a PCV you'll get more out of it then the
Centramatic

·
Premium Member
1,871 Posts
Installed Centramatics 5K miles ago. They'll last the life of the bike which is great. I'll either move them to my next Victory or sell them to offset the price of another set of Centramatics.

·
Registered
209 Posts
my brief experience with centramatics

Nothing to report.. which is a good thing ... I think.
Dealer put a new E3 tire on front including the Centramatics discs on front and back. Not really sure what balancing method was previously used only that the front wheel was nearly bald when I bought it.
My previous ride I used Ride On with good results.
Don't know how many miles the old tire had either.
The bike had 47k on it then and now has 47600, so 600 miles in two days. I've only put 1k on it myself so not much time on it as I've only had it two weeks.
Anywho , no surprises is good news and dealer stated guys are getting 12k-15k on the E3 fronts. Time will tell.

·
Registered
2,084 Posts
Are you folks buying the Centramatics direct, or through some retailer, a dealer, etc.?

·
Registered
209 Posts

·
Registered
2,084 Posts
I had the dealer install them but you can go directly to www.centramatic.com and order them.
I'm not sure how to 'embed' a video but the link is on their website on how to put them on.
http://centramatic.com/Page.aspx?page=Video-Installation-For-Victory
Thanks for the info, re your dealer.

Yep, I had gone to their site and watched the video already. Looks reasonable... except that I've never taken a wheel off, don't change my own tires, etc. I do a lot of electrical farkles, change the oil myself, took a good chunk of the bike apart to put on HeliBars, but I've never messed with axles, the drive belt, and so forth.

The video shows that RJ Performance (in Iowa) was their first "outside" shop on the Vic installs. A little while ago I sent them an email (which I don't expect them to answer over the weekend), asking if they know of shops with experience in my vicinity (NY state). I don't want someone who's never done this before screwing it up, although it does look pretty straight-forward.

I may have this work done the next time I need a tire put on.

·
Registered
209 Posts
The only maintenance I've done to this bike is changing the oil last night for the first time.
I bought my bike from a new trade in and the dealer had only just advertised it that day. After going home with it and checking craig's list, he had it listed for $500 less than I paid and called back to ask him about it. He fessed up and gave me the option to get a check back or store credit. I needed a tire for it anyway so had him do both tire and balancers (both wheels).
This is my first 'dresser' so a lot of maintenance is covered up by body panels. I'll prolly be putting a car tire on the rear wheel next year some time and can deal with realignment and such then after I've spent more time in the saddle and 'under the hood'.

·
Registered
2,084 Posts
The only maintenance I've done to this bike is changing the oil last night for the first time.
I bought my bike from a new trade in and the dealer had only just advertised it that day. After going home with it and checking craig's list, he had it listed for $500 less than I paid and called back to ask him about it. He fessed up and gave me the option to get a check back or store credit. I needed a tire for it anyway so had him do both tire and balancers (both wheels).
This is my first 'dresser' so a lot of maintenance is covered up by body panels. I'll prolly be putting a car tire on the rear wheel next year some time and can deal with realignment and such then after I've spent more time in the saddle and 'under the hood'.
Pretty slick of you to check Craigs List, and then get that deal.

·
Registered
4,078 Posts
I used Ride-On in my last HD's tires and it worked fine as a balance except for one little thingy...If the bike's been sitting it takes a few rotations of the tire for the Ride-On to spread out and balance. I do also like the flat protection but never had a puncture so nothing to say there.
I have a set of Commander II's sitting here to go on next season, I'll probably use the Ride-On again on the change over.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts