Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone else tried the Dyna Balancing Bead? I have had them in for a month or so and at first didn't notice anything. Just recently I noticed that when I pull out from a stop and make a hard turn I get a vibration, at first I thought it was the belt out of alignment or something then I remembered the "Beads". I think it's the fat 250 tire and when you start out and turn hard they must go to one side and stick there a bit. They eventually smooth out. I have no problems with the front tire.

In case you are unfimilair with balancing beads:
they are a high-density ceramic bead that, when easily installed, continuously balances your tires as you drive. The amount of material will distribute itself in weight and position dependent on the balance requirements of the individual tire.

I was able to remove the ugly weights from my chrome rims and they are suposed to balance so well you can see 10% more miles out of your tires.

Glass smooth ride, every time, all the time.
Dramatically longer tire life
No rebalancing
No spoke or rim weights
Eliminates tire cupping.
Easy to install
Your motorcycle dealer won't want to do it the old way once he's tried Dyna Beads!

·
Premium Member
1,602 Posts
Has anyone else tried the Dyna Balancing Bead? I have had them in for a month or so and at first didn't notice anything. Just recently I noticed that when I pull out from a stop and make a hard turn I get a vibration, at first I thought it was the belt out of alignment or something then I remembered the "Beads". I think it's the fat 250 tire and when you start out and turn hard they must go to one side and stick there a bit. They eventually smooth out. I have no problems with the front tire.

In case you are unfimilair with balancing beads:
they are a high-density ceramic bead that, when easily installed, continuously balances your tires as you drive. The amount of material will distribute itself in weight and position dependent on the balance requirements of the individual tire.

I was able to remove the ugly weights from my chrome rims and they are suposed to balance so well you can see 10% more miles out of your tires.

Glass smooth ride, every time, all the time.
Dramatically longer tire life
No rebalancing
No spoke or rim weights
Eliminates tire cupping.
Easy to install
Your motorcycle dealer won't want to do it the old way once he's tried Dyna Beads!
Have never heard of that problem with dyna beads....
Did you install them on used tires or new? If used, then maybe tires had already had some signs of cupping or uneven wear.
Make sure your air pressures are correct.

What year is your bike, how many miles on it. Ever think of possible bearing problem?
Those are just some thoughts....trying to diagnose your issue.

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
My bike is a 2007 with 300 miles.

·
Premium Member
1,602 Posts
My bike is a 2007 with 300 miles.
I would check air pressures and verify correct amounts of beads in both front and rear based on tire size.
I will run this by the Manufacturer in the meantime.

Keep in mind:
The balancing principle is based on centrifigal force, and enough force is developed to keep the beads in position at approximately 25 - 35 MPH, but the exact speed is dependant upon tire diameter. So with that said, anything below that speed could probably be felt if your tire and wheel are extremely unbalanced. This would be easy to detect if there was a large amount of weights removed at the time of replacing them with the beads.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts