Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,495 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My wife and I are spending all of May and June in the mountains of North Carolina just south of the small city of Flat Rock. Our reason for doing this was to "test drive" NC. We wanted to see if we liked the area and, if so, we would buy a home here and sell our place in Michigan. We would still spend the winters in central Florida so it is only our summer locale that was in question. We do like NC - so much so that we just bought a home late last week after only about 2.5 weeks here. We won't be moving in until Nov. 1st but it will be ours shortly. The rest of the summer and this fall will be a bit unusual for us as we close on the new place, sell our home in Michigan and move to NC but it will also be exciting. We will also be closer to our twin 3-year old granddaughters who are in Cary, NC. We will back in NC for the entire summer season in May of 2018 and will stay through Sept. I also transitioned to working half-time staring May 8th so that is also a big step for us. Lots of changes but they are good changes and much better riding. Wish us luck.

G'day,

Vinish

·
Premium Member
1,720 Posts
Congratulations! That is awesome! I hope you are happy there!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

·
Registered
12,162 Posts
Vinish, did you try Hawg Wild Barbecue in Hendersonville yet? Best hush puppies ever! Indeed, some very good riding around there. If you're interested, we have MC riding friends who live in nearby Brevard - I can arrange an introduction.

·
Registered
33 Posts
No better places to ride than NC and Tennessee! I've lived in middle TN for almost 30 years. The riding is great around here but I love trips to the mountains. Lots if kindred spirits too. All the best for your new adventure!

Sent from my STV100-1 using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
1,865 Posts
Wonderful news, congratulations!

·
Premium Member
6,038 Posts
Change is good @Vinish

It is great to move and work less, also riding new roads and new foods.... Ride on brothers

Andre using TaPaTaLk

·
Registered
1,495 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Vinish, did you try Hawg Wild Barbecue in Hendersonville yet? Best hush puppies ever! Indeed, some very good riding around there. If you're interested, we have MC riding friends who live in nearby Brevard - I can arrange an introduction.
Ricz, I had not heard of Hawg Wild BBQ so I just looked it up. It is in Brevard not Hendersonville. That is about 40-45 minutes from where we are renting so not that far away. It will be even closer (~20 minutes) from the home we just purchased so will definitely be on the list to try next summer. Thanks but I will pass on the intro to your MC friends in Brevard for now. We are going to be busy with the new house stuff for our remaining time here in NC. However, next summer after we are fully moved in, I would be delighted to get an introduction. Thanks.

G'day,

Vinish

·
Registered
84 Posts
I will echo SpecialK's sentiments about riding in that area. I feel fortunate to live so close to an area that has so many fantastic roads. I make a trip out that way several times a year to ride myself, and discover new destinations each time. Middle TN is great for riding, but nothing compares to East TN, Northern GA and the parts of NC that I have experienced. I am happy for you (and a bit jealous, for sure) of you being able to experience that in your own back yard.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts