Victory Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Folks, I have a 2014 CC with 45k. Besides doing the oil change stuff, Victory is recommending to change the front fork oil. I had it done at 30k.
Questions
1) Does it need to be done? I don’t sense any change in the fork function but I’m not an expert.
2) Do you reuse the current front fork parts or is there a new kit of parts that needs to be ordered?
As always, thanks for any info you can share.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Hey Folks, I have a 2014 CC with 45k. Besides doing the oil change stuff, Victory is recommending to change the front fork oil. I had it done at 30k.
Questions
1) Does it need to be done? I don’t sense any change in the fork function but I’m not an expert.
2) Do you reuse the current front fork parts or is there a new kit of parts that needs to be ordered?
As always, thanks for any info you can share.
Yes it needs to be changed.
New seals are necessary.
Maybe replace the lower bushings, the top ones are usually okay.

·
Registered
2012 Victory Cross Country Tour, Indianapolis
3,822 Posts
I've always heard don't mess with seals until they leak.

I spent $200 on tools to do it when I get round to it this fall or next spring.
Spring compressor, stick thing with nut on end, fluid level tool, fork oil.

Both forks fluid 106 mm from the top when fully compressed.

Rylan has a video you can pay to watch that isn't all that great but he follows the shop manual mostly.

Reactions: normthenomad

·
Registered
176 Posts
Once you have it apart to change the fluid, the seals are easy. Numerous ways to get a leaking seal to stop while fork is on the bike. But don't skip seal replacement while disassembled.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Sorry I didn’t get back sooner. Been preparing for Hurricane Ian in FL. Thanks for the feedback. I certainly going to get the maintenance to the front forks completed soon.

·
Registered
1,453 Posts
I changed the fork oil, but didnt mess with teardown of forks. No leaks, so why ask for problems. I went one weight heavier on the fork oil. I got a couple measured paint cups (1qt) from home depot. Drained one fork into the cup, actually I put it up on the jack and drained the forks into the cups. Closed them up and used a large syringe and drew the same amount that drained from each fork and put new oil in.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts