Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
12,217 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a friend for whom I do his wrench work, he has a 2008 Vision and I am not familiar with how to change the fuel filter and can't find info or videos to help me. Anyone here done that and/or have links to info/vids?

·
Premium Member
6,076 Posts

·
Registered
12,217 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
BP, the Vision is completely different as it has 2 saddle tanks. I have changed the fuel filter in my XR, so that's no stranger to me, but the Vision sure is. I went into the parts pages and there is no mention of a fuel filter. What?

·
13,003 Posts
#1 take chrome bezel of gauges
#2 pull panel in front of seat
#3 remove dash panel SCREW in glove box Watch out
fuel pump on top of right hand tank.
#4 remove right hand top panel
#5 remove dash
#6 remove right hand mirror mount.
make sure you unhook battery
you can see from photo pump lift straight up
any help write me I can try to talk you threw it

Attachments

·
13,003 Posts
RICZ

sebd Rylan at the vic shop a email and ask for tips or how to will be your best bet

·
Registered
12,217 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Is the filter connected to the pump assembly somehow?

·
Premium Member
6,076 Posts
BP, the Vision is completely different as it has 2 saddle tanks. I have changed the fuel filter in my XR, so that's no stranger to me, but the Vision sure is. I went into the parts pages and there is no mention of a fuel filter. What?
Ooops, sorry RICZ .... Subscribed and awaiting for GOOD info, we have 3 visions on the island so am very interested in HOW TOOOOO with pictures of course ??

So the vision has 2 tanks but capacity is the same .... Hmmm

TaPaTaLk for VIC forum

·
Registered
12,217 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)

·
Premium Member
6,076 Posts

·
13,003 Posts
No filter on a vision fuel pump

Tell me the pump works will good fuel pressure say 49 psi.
if it has good pressure don't mess with the pump there is NO filter

·
Registered
12,217 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
His Vision is running OK - just thought with 40K miles, it might need a fuel filter change, if it had one. Thanks for letting me know it doesn't. Strange.

·
Registered
361 Posts
There's a filter, the fuel pick up at the bottom of the pump assembly has a flat section of filter media that the fuel is drawn through
(highlighted here on parts diagram) . I wouldn't touch it unless the pump is screaming.

[/URL][/IMG]

·
Registered
12,217 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
There's a filter, the fuel pick up at the bottom of the pump assembly has a flat section of filter media that the fuel is drawn through
(highlighted here on parts diagram) . I wouldn't touch it unless the pump is screaming.
When viewing the parts illustrations, I suspected that thing as being a filter, but not user replaceable. Thanks for confirming that.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts