Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Right now, I'm riding a HD Street Bob, and was thinking about "going up" to a Heratige. However, after watching some YouTube vids: Victory vs HD, I'm rethinking that.
One concern that I have is that Victory dealers are a loong way from where I live. So I'm going to ask here, what is the Victory equivalent of the Heratige?

·
Premium Member
12,993 Posts
Victory doesn't really have a Heritage equivalent. The closest thing would be the Kingpin which is similar to the Fat Boy in the Harley world in weight. The ride and power of the KP is worlds better though.

The Cross Roads would be similar to the Road King and the Cross Country (XC) is similar to the Street Glide. The XCT is similar to the Ultra. Again; power and ride is quite different.

·
Registered
318 Posts
NO comparison!!!

Did you watch all 5 Victory vs HD videos posted by Arizona Victory? Very eye opening videos about outdated technology that hd still uses.

·
Registered
1,331 Posts
I had a Vrod which is by far HD's most advanced bike. It was a fun bike but never really felt right for me. I checked out all the Victory models and for some reason I kept coming back to the Jackpot. The Hammer was nice but something about it didn't appeal to me. The Cross Country and the Vision are great but not my style of riding. The Kingpin looks like you could go cruiser to bagger without too much trouble. The Jackpot gives me the wind in my face, cool look and the sound and ride I like.

No offense to Harley but I never found a bike that make that really made me look twice.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Heratige is a softail with I think 2 horisontal hidden shocks. All steel platform bikes have a hidden rear suspension. tire size and width would be most like the Pin. Basic softies most like the vegas.
check you tube for comparisons. there are a few good vids
jt

·
Premium Member
12,993 Posts
Heratige is a softail with I think 2 horisontal hidden shocks. All steel platform bikes have a hidden rear suspension. tire size and width would be most like the Pin. Basic softies most like the vegas.
check you tube for comparisons. there are a few good vids
jt
The Heritage is a really heavy bike for its class. Those Softail frames are really heavy and then it has the full fenders and front end to really weight it down. The ride on Softy's basically suck too. It's probably as heavy as an XC without the ride, looks, and power. Like I said; Vic really doesn't have anything to compare it to.

What Heritage does have is what its name implies. An old look back on its heritage from the 30's-50's. In the mid 60's the bikes started looking more like the Electra Glide of today. Lots of folks love their Heritage's and wouldn't ride anything else. They like the old school look and feel of the bike and there's absolutely nothing wrong with that. Lots of different colors in a bag of jelly beans. :D

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yep, I watched all five of those Arizona vids. They were what got me to rethinking things.

Sent from my iPhone using MO Free

·
Registered
790 Posts
I had a 2004 Heritage. Loved it. Came over to Victory to get a "bbb" bigger better bagger. Mechanically Victory is a better bike, but I had no complaints with my Heritage, other than suspension doesn't really work well unless you set it up perfect, then if you put a passenger or baggage on it screws it up again.

·
Registered
690 Posts
I have owned two Harleys in the past. An '06, then an '07 Wide Glide. As far as power, and handling, go there is no comparison. Victory dominates. I'd suggest you check out the Kingpin, and add a set of bags, from where ever you like. The ones Victory offer, are okay, but IMO, if I had the money right now, I'd go with a set of strong bags. Lots of options though. Good luck.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Well, I'm a short kinda guy, and the Heriatge is the biggest HD I'm comfortable with. Even so, I had a problem reaching the EZ stand. However, I like the fact that it already has screen and bags. By the time I finished adding bags and passenger pillion; then shifting to a Sundowner seat. I payed close to what the Heritage costed stock.

·
Registered
790 Posts
Hah now that's funny! I'm 5'2", and by no means heavy, dropped by Heritage 1" and put a custom lowered seat.

Dropped my Victory 2 inches and put a lowered seat and I'm lower than my Heritage, which is pretty tough to do with a bagger, hence the change. Only hard part wasw gettiing use to the passenger tour pack which makes it kind of heavy. That and learning "Ride like a pro" DVD lessons for parking lots.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Hummmmmm,
I have to look up to see 5'6"(short lil old legs with a longer trunk). My concern about those lowered seats is that they won't be all that comfortable. Heck after several rides on a Heritage during a local factory demo ride day, I started getting butt cramps every time I tried to get that durn stand up or down.

I ended up putting a stand extension on my street bob.

·
Registered
790 Posts
Hummmmmm,
I have to look up to see 5'6"(short lil old legs with a longer trunk). My concern about those lowered seats is that they won't be all that comfortable. Heck after several rides on a Heritage during a local factory demo ride day, I started getting butt cramps every time I tried to get that durn stand up or down.

I ended up putting a stand extension on my street bob.
I had an extension on both of my old Harley's, and have the Kuryakn one on my XCT. Harley recognized this problem and made a great one. Even with it on the XCT, barely reach it. Never liked the Harley stock seats, always had them rebuitl to fit me on the bike correctly and put gel or memory foam.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts