Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am thinking about changing my stock pipes on my 2011 Kingpin to RPW Big Slash.I don't have any modifications done to the bike. Do I have to get the ECU flashed by a dealer or do I have to get a fuel controller? Thanks.

·
12,968 Posts
First off you have to get new exhaust gaskets. If you use the old ones they could leak on you and three weeks down the road you would wind up replacing them so do it right the first time.
Now for the rest of your question ride the bike and see what you think. Like do a good thousand miles.
PCV you don't need and as for a flash you can do that any time. No you will not hurt any thing you'll only save money.
Most will tell you to do the flash but all that does is give you a very little more RPM and your gas mileage will fall off cause the flash adds fuel to your motor now.
After you do a air intake system and with the hot rod pipes then do a flash.
Check your mileage with old pipes and the with new pipes. If mileage is with in about three to four miles per gallon your doing fine.
A flash will not get rid of the occasional backing firing. Do a search here about PCV and flash is you'll spend a day learning

·
Registered
931 Posts
From RPW site , install instructions

"Step 11. Prior to starting the engine, wipe the pipes down with a clean rag. Start you engine and check for exhaust leaks. You are now ready to enjoy your RPW USA exhaust pipes. Installation of this exhaust we recommend an Adjustable Fuel Tuner. See your Victory dealer for details.

TUNING TIP. To help prevent bluing, the engine should be properly tuned before running it with the new exhaust."

I have the VFC3

·
Premium Member
12,982 Posts
I agree. If you go with the flash and decide on further upgrades down the road like Torque Tubes or cams; you'll need to get a fuel tuner anyway. After figuring out what I was doing wrong with the PCV w/AT (left usb cord plugged in); it really works well and makes it super easy to tune the bike. It even has a built in rev extender and you can contact Dynojet for a code that will let you raise the rev limiter even higher for free.

·
Registered
690 Posts
Be aware that if you want the black ceramic coated ones.... They are having problrms with their coater. I bought the Big Slash over a week and a half ago, supposedly I have at least a week to go before it will be shipped. Really sucks :/

·
Registered
104 Posts
Mine should be ready tomorrow. I ordered the big Slash and the power commander. I figured the power commander is worth it over the propriety piggy back tuner systems...because no matter what pipes i wind up with, I can always reuse it. Like when i go back for the (S&S intake/ idle adjust)

After having to do the race tuning all manually on my buell - Specialty wires, open source software programs, drivers for the cord, riding with the laptop in a backpack. (We logged on the street because the dyno guys wouldn't touch us) ... I figured I was going to do it the easy way this time.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts