Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
539 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Changing SUB Forums - Kingpin to Vision

Well I guess I belong in this one now. Just traded the Kingpin for a 2013 VV. It's about a 25 mile ride back from the dealer and we stopped and ate so I haven't had too much saddle time yet. I did come back via the freeway, which I usually avoid. It was getting late and I don't ride too much at night. SO I went that way as it woudl be quicker. I did feel much safer on the freeway on this bike than on my Kingpin. The trucks didn't blow me around as much.

First impressions. Damn smooth ride. You can hit 80 on this thing in a hurry and feels like your puttering along. I think my Kingpin had better low end torque though.

It's a little hard to get use to the fairing not turning, and no heel shifter which I got use to on my Kingpin and kind of got to liking it. Didn't think I would, so I don't know if I will add that or not. Probably not, cause not having that obstruction behind my boot is kind of nice.

I will be having the Victory stage 1 exhaust added. It's on order and I will take it back up and let the dealer do that. Can't wait till tomorrow to take the long way to work and back. :)

·
Premium Member
5,632 Posts
Well I guess I belong in this one now. Just traded the Kingpin for a 2013 VV. It's about a 25 mile ride back from the dealer and we stopped and ate so I haven't had too much saddle time yet. I did come back via the freeway, which I usually avoid. It was getting late and I don't ride too much at night. SO I went that way as it woudl be quicker. I did feel much safer on the freeway on this bike than on my Kingpin. The trucks didn't blow me around as much.

First impressions. Damn smooth ride. You can hit 80 on this thing in a hurry and feels like your puttering along. I think my Kingpin had better low end torque though.

It's a little hard to get use to the fairing not turning, and no heel shifter which I got use to on my Kingpin and kind of got to liking it. Didn't think I would, so I don't know if I will add that or not. Probably not, cause not having that obstruction behind my boot is kind of nice.

I will be having the Victory stage 1 exhaust added. It's on order and I will take it back up and let the dealer do that. Can't wait till tomorrow to take the long way to work and back. :)
Okay, great dood, glad to hear you're enjoying a new ride, but why are you changing forums :confused:

·
Premium Member
5,632 Posts
Maybe the title is misleading, changing from the Kingpin to the Vision forum.
I see. I use the "active topics," so I read every crazy thing from all corners of our tiny universe.

I'm not much of a dashboard bike guy, but as far they go, I'm a fan of the Visions.

·
Registered
1,414 Posts
You want the Kewl Metal heel shifter. It is so far back on my floorboard that I hardly notice it, with my size 13 boots, except when I am shifting.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts