Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there a way to get it to go through the fairing so I can have my phone plugged in on the handlebar on the 2012 XC?

Is there a way to get the aux to show song information on the dash?

·
Premium Member
13,731 Posts
This area is not one of my strengths but I would think a plug into the stereo that allowed a Bluetooth connection would be the way to go rather than a manual connection. Not sure if this works on an android phone but if it does; it might be the way to go. It for sure works on an iPhone.

In fact; I'd really like to know if it does work on Android phones if anyone knows or has a solution.

·
Registered
244 Posts
This area is not one of my strengths but I would think a plug into the stereo that allowed a Bluetooth connection would be the way to go rather than a manual connection. Not sure if this works on an android phone but if it does; it might be the way to go. It for sure works on an iPhone.

http://www.amazon.com/ViseeO-Tune2air-WMA1000-Bluetooth-Integration/dp/B00B52LLJ6/ref=pd_sim_422_8?ie=UTF8&refRID=1SV8NJYDE169A084RFGZ

In fact; I'd really like to know if it does work on Android phones if anyone knows or has a solution.

That's an awfully expensive bluetooth adapter. I wonder...does anyone know for sure if this ViseeO will pass song data along to the Vic stereo?

I use this one: 30-pin Bluetooth Audio Receiver | Aluratek

It's about $30 at stores.

It DOES transmit song data in my car but it won't on the XC. I have no idea what sort of different protocol they use or why it would be different on the Vic. Or maybe my iPod adapter is just screwed up.

·
Registered
2010 Cross Country / stock 106 with glasspack mufflers
753 Posts
Looking into this myself - seems to be a ton of them on Amazon when I do a search for "30-Pin Bluetooth Receiver"
Not sure which are good or bad but some sure are cheap.

·
Registered
790 Posts
Bluetooth adapters and Aux /in headphone plugs are not support by the screen and controls on the Vic. Only the volume will work. Software was written for iPhone and ipods since their std output supports this information.

Bluetooth only supports this IF the receiving unit, has built in Bluetooth, otherwise the devices for receiving data only pass audio through, and the Vic bike simple sees the music.

This is common since you are using BT as a work around for not using an audio cable.

Most people are using the BT device and simply mounting their phones on the handlebars to see music, incoming calls, GPS.....

·
Registered
753 Posts
the Vic bike simple sees the music.

This is common since you are using BT as a work around for not using an audio cable.

Most people are using the BT device and simply mounting their phones on the handlebars to see music, incoming calls, GPS.....
Not sure I grasp all that - in my case I'd be syncing an iPhone5s so the handlebar controls would do volume only or tracks as well? Thanks.

·
Registered
790 Posts
Not sure I grasp all that - in my case I'd be syncing an iPhone5s so the handlebar controls would do volume only or tracks as well? Thanks.
I don't use an IPhone, but if it is the older pin connector (larger one) It should all work.

If it is the newer (small) connector, you may want to try an "adapter" to the older pin (male small pin to female larger pin), it "might" work.

·
13,263 Posts
why the double post you posted once this morning and now post again

·
Registered
753 Posts
I don't use an IPhone, but if it is the older pin connector (larger one) It should all work.

If it is the newer (small) connector, you may want to try an "adapter" to the older pin (male small pin to female larger pin), it "might" work.
Mine is the newer but the parts are cheap enough to experiment with - in fact I have a 30-pin to lightning adapter around here somewhere from when I upgraded iPhone 4 to iPhone5. Now where was that thing......

·
Registered
36 Posts
And this is why I'm tearing out the crappy victory stereo and going full touch screen bad assness like Harley offers stock! **** ipods!!!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts