Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey might be a stupid question but trying to figure out how i can charge my cell wile riding on the bike. I have the adapter for the trickle charger, maybe if i get a 12v adapter and get a plug to go into the trickle charger plug? not really tech savoy, but has anyone done this?

·
Premium Member
978 Posts
My battery tender came with a cigar lighter socket and a couple other attachments. It just plugs right into the harness off the battery.

·
Premium Member
1,608 Posts
Hey might be a stupid question but trying to figure out how i can charge my cell wile riding on the bike. I have the adapter for the trickle charger, maybe if i get a 12v adapter and get a plug to go into the trickle charger plug? not really tech savoy, but has anyone done this?
Did that with my jackpot....worked great on long trips with my saddlebags attached...this way I just kept phone connected all the time laying inside the left saddlebag.

·
Premium Member
547 Posts
I charge mine in my right saddle bag. You can use the battery tender to charge a cell phone if you wan as long as you have the power outlet adapter.

·
Premium Member
562 Posts
Me Too

I'm wanting to do the same thing and have read a few threads on it here and elsewhere.
I have a battery tender pig tail wired to my bike now so that if I need to, I can just plug in the tender without needing to access the battery.
I have read that you can go buy a cigarette lighter car charger that works for your phone, cut off the cigarette lighter plug and splice a spare battery tender lead to that. HOWEVER, you have to reverse wire it because the tender pig tail is meant to provide power to the battery and in this case you're pulling power from the battery so you have to reverse the polarity.
I'm not even close to an electrical guy, but if someone can confirm that this'll work, I plan to give it a try.

·
Registered
209 Posts
go to Amazon, they have what you need. One end plugs into your battery tender plug, the other end has a plug you can plug your chatger into.

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Ya thanks dr d, ordered it today this will be great as it seams my phone is always dead

·
Registered
209 Posts
You are quite welcome. They have a lot of good stuff there. Always check them out for small odds & ends. I boudht a 12' battery tender extension cord from them.

·
Premium Member
547 Posts
Navycraig,

Since you have a cross bike you could put a charger in your saddle bag. Everything you need can be bought from radio shack for less than $20. The only reason I have a charger that connects to the battery tender is as a just in case I want too charge multiple items when stopped.

·
Premium Member
562 Posts
Navycraig,

Since you have a cross bike you could put a charger in your saddle bag. Everything you need can be bought from radio shack for less than $20. The only reason I have a charger that connects to the battery tender is as a just in case I want too charge multiple items when stopped.
When you say "put a charger in your saddle bag", exactly what do you mean? I have read other threads where some of the cross bikes (CCs I believe) have the charger port in the bag, but mine does not. I think that was only on the hard bags.
However it's done, I need to have the capability to run it up to my handle bars where my phone is "mounted" so that I can plug it in while running the GPS on it.
Interested in your idea so if you can further explain,...
cheers

·
Premium Member
547 Posts
I have the hard bags so it may not apply since you have the LE. I am not at home so I cannot take any pictures to help further explain but I will do my best.

I didn't understand from your previous posts that you needed it attachable to the handlebars. I probably wasn't paying much attention.

It's a really simple install if your right saddle bag has the hole for the charger in it. What you will need is two flat male male adapters (cannot remember the name), wire, and the charger. I installed a quick disconnect as well so that it takes less than a second to unplug it and take the saddle bag off.

But anyways under the rear fender are two flat female adapters that I cannot remember the name of right now. The male portion can be purchased at Radio shack. I really wish I could post a picture or explain better but it has been awhile and I am nowhere near my bike. Inside the right saddle bag should be a round rubber filler in the back of the saddle bag, that is there the charger will go.

Connect all the wire to the charger and adapters and you should have a powered port for charging whatever you want.

If I was at home I would attach some pics but I am many thousands of miles from there right now.

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Ok so i bought the plug off amazon, and for some reason i plug it into my battery tender cord that the dealer installed for me. But once i plug my car chargers into the outlet it kust keeps shorting them out, what is going on?

·
Registered
526 Posts
go to Amazon, they have what you need. One end plugs into your battery tender plug, the other end has a plug you can plug your chatger into.
What is it listed under? Do you have a link?

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
The dealer installed the battery tender cable when i bought the bike. The side of the cable with the fuse is connected to positive and other is connected to negative.

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Battery Tender 081-0069-8 Female Cigarette Adaptor for Quick Disconnect

·
Registered
851 Posts
The battery tender cable is connected correctly.

Do you have an multimeter? If so verify the center connector is connected to the positive side of the battery.

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
No i dont have a multimeter, could it be the fuse?

1 - 20 of 25 Posts