Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, for bikes without a cigarette lighter adapter, do any of you have a solution for charging a device from the bikes battery?

Chris

·
Premium Member
9,684 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Registered
12,299 Posts
Less expensive and removable when not needed....
[ame]http://www.amazon.com/Powerlet-SAE-Cigarette-Socket-Cable/dp/B00206GGB4/ref=sr_1_3?s=automotive&ie=UTF8&qid=1396461205&sr=1-3&keywords=sae+to+cigarette[/ame]

·
Premium Member
9,684 Posts
Welcome , its real nice stuff . If you go with the Ram ball mount type , check out twistedthrottle.com for a huge selection of mounts and connectors for all types of phones and GPS units , cup holders etc .... All compatible with the Ram ball system .thumb upcheers

·
Premium Member
9,684 Posts
Ya Ric , but no Ram ball mount !!! That , is what makes it great . Other then it being completely waterproof , and many other things also . You can also charge your battery right through the plug too . Anyway , I love mine ! Well worth the money . Which I don't have much of really ...

·
Registered
12,299 Posts
Ya Ric , but no Ram ball mount !!! That , is what makes it great . Other then it being completely waterproof , and many other things also . You can also charge your battery right through the plug too . Anyway , I love mine ! Well worth the money . Which I don't have much of really ...
Gotta admit its a lovely piece of hardware Mags, but $145, wowzer! I use the basic Ram ball handlebar mount and that cord as I don't use my GPS much.

·
Premium Member
9,684 Posts
Gotta admit its a lovely piece of hardware Mags, but $145, wowzer! I use the basic Ram ball handlebar mount and that cord as I don't use my GPS much.
Ric , you are very frugal , and I envy that ! thumb up

·
Registered
12,299 Posts
Ric , you are very frugal , and I envy that ! thumb up
If I wasn't frugal, I wouldn't be riding a Victory. If you think I'm frugal, my wife makes me look like a big spender. She's a Coupon Commando par excellance. Stores sometimes pay her to take their groceries away. I guess being frugal has something to do with a meager beginning in life and being taught to save, know the difference between a need and a want, take care of what you have and don't pay more than you have to.

·
Premium Member
9,684 Posts
I guess being frugal has something to do with a meager beginning in life and being taught to save, know the difference between a need and a want, take care of what you have and don't pay more than you have to.
Pure poetry , my friend . I was also taught all that , but failed at it ...:ltr: The little guy is laughing , but I am crying ...:(

·
Registered
1,347 Posts
If I wasn't frugal, I wouldn't be riding a Victory. If you think I'm frugal, my wife makes me look like a big spender. She's a Coupon Commando par excellance. Stores sometimes pay her to take their groceries away. I guess being frugal has something to do with a meager beginning in life and being taught to save, know the difference between a need and a want, take care of what you have and don't pay more than you have to.
Wise words my friend(coming from a financial retard).
That is probably the most important thing that a screwl could teach a student, REAL WORLD ECONOMICS.
I am learning the hard way and it has cost me a lot of grief and money.cheers

·
Registered
1,347 Posts
BTW, I try not to charge anything, but find it hard to get by if I don't:D

·
Registered
173 Posts
Batman,
A DIY option would use your battery tender connection (if equipped). I got a plug to mate to my battery tender connection at radio shack and soldered it to a cigarette lighter pigtail. Had that rig on the sportster, it's in the garage collecting dust now. New bike has plugs like I got ugly... Everywhere:p

·
Registered
352 Posts

·
Registered
352 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Batman,
A DIY option would use your battery tender connection (if equipped). I got a plug to mate to my battery tender connection at radio shack and soldered it to a cigarette lighter pigtail. Had that rig on the sportster, it's in the garage collecting dust now. New bike has plugs like I got ugly... Everywhere:p
Another great thought. Thank you!

·
Registered
12,299 Posts
Wise words my friend(coming from a financial retard).
That is probably the most important thing that a screwl could teach a student, REAL WORLD ECONOMICS.
I am learning the hard way and it has cost me a lot of grief and money.cheers
If I was Emperor of America, I'd mandate that money management be taught from preschool through high school so that everyone will know everything about interests, profits, investments, etc.

Credit card buying (not debit card--no protection) is OK, as long as the monthly statement is paid in full.

·
Registered
106 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Hi all, for bikes without a cigarette lighter adapter, do any of you have a solution for charging a device from the bikes battery?

Chris

I used the kuryakyn USB plug to charge my cell and GPS on my jackpot. Only $45

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

1 - 20 of 35 Posts