Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Mine sits at around 14.2V-14.4 v when running...

What's the normal..?

Cheers

Derek

Assume with a 12v battery this is in the range for chargingcheers

·
13,038 Posts
You do know that 14.2 or 14.4 is showing you that the stator and regulator are working just fine.
It does not tell you any thing about the battery

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Cheers johnny,

Agreed, the battery may have a dud cell..have had two occassions where slow cranking...apart from that all is OK..will monitor and see how we go..

If battery is a dud, it will be replaced under warranty..

regards,

Derek ;)

·
13,038 Posts
No you have to buy a new battery. Not covered under warranty.
Post how much you pay for the battery please.
Maybe you have lose connection. Did you put it on a battery tender over the winter?

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hi Johnny,

bike is 8 months old, done 5000km..
No winter in Australia cheerscheers.. and would be disspointed if the battery was shot in this time...

i ride the bike twice to three times a week....

i am sure, 8 months for a bike battery is not the norm...the bike runs fine, and as per my first thread..has only struggled twice...

i am overseas next week for work, so a 10 day layoff period should tell the story..

appreciate your feedback,

regards,

Derekthumb up

·
Premium Member
1,181 Posts
If you have a dirty terminal the charging system may not be fully charging the battery back. The 14.4 that you see is the voltage coming from the regulator. That does not mean the battery is getting it. If you unhook the ground from the battery see what the battery reads across the terminals. It should read above 13.2 on a good charge. Leave it unhooked when you go away for awhile(10 days) then read the voltage again. This will tell you if you have a bad battery or not. The voltage will LEAK down..

·
13,038 Posts
Go to your dealer and tell him what you think you might have a bad battery and being 8 months old you should get a new one for free

1 - 7 of 7 Posts