Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
851 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Charlotte Hall Veteran's Home Poker Run 11 August

Open to all Vehicles.

This is the only Veteran's Home in Maryland. All the proceeds go to the residents in the form of items from a list requested by the residents. We do this every year and this is our 10th. And we want it to be our biggest yet for our Veteran's at the home.

Charlotte Hall Veteran's Home Poker Run 11 Aug 12 will start at 1100 at the Veterans Home. The last stop will be at the Hughsville American Legion. We will have Bands and other events there to keep all entertained. This Poker Run is Sponsored by the US Military Vets Motorcycle Club of Southern Maryland and is open to all types of vehicles. Our goal is to provide basic items to the residents. The cost for the Poker Run is $25 (all the money will be spent on items from the list that the residents need and we deliver to them). Due to budget cuts at the home, if you do not have a sponsor you go without the basic items.

Prize Money is paid by the US Military Vets Motorcycle Club and is 1st place $500, 2nd place $250, 3rd place $150 and last place is $100

Please pass this on to everyone you know!! This is to help those who served this country proud and now need our help

Here is a flyer for anyone who wants to print it out

·
Registered
112 Posts
Thanks for posting this. My grandfather is currently living there (WWII Navy Vet) I am going to try and make it out for this but it will be a close call as I'm getting in town late that Saturday night.thumb up

·
Premium Member
562 Posts
I'll be there.

·
Premium Member
562 Posts
Goat, Hammer,

Great riding with you guys today. We had a really good time.

I'll tell you that you pulled out at the right time. We stayed for the winning poker hand and that is just about when it started pouring rain. Waited until it let up some and then headed out only to make it a few miles before getting slammed enough to have to pull over. Rain let up so we hit it again only making it a few more miles before getting hit hard again and pulling into the 5/235 WaWa and waiting it out with about 10 other bikes. It was something to see.

Craig

·
Registered
112 Posts
Nice meeting you all as well. I saw those clouds on the way back and knew that rain was coming I got lucky and just missed it. I'll keep a eye out for the next group ride cheers

·
Registered
851 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Enjoyed the ride as well. The further south I went the darker the sky got. I made it to Chancellors Run park before it started raining but was able to get to the house before it really opened up. Hopefully the next event will have some clearer skies. At least it was still a good turn out for the Vets.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts