Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,862 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Apparently admin is gone from this site now. I was logged out and couldn't get back on as Chattanooga Mark no matter what I did. I NEVER received anything from admin after several requests for help. Then I opened a new account as TN Mark and was still blocked from posting anything.

I just don't know what the issue is with this site. Not a single email to me after sending in many requests for help.

There, there's your 'new' post.

Only after I paid a fee, was I able to post this. Thankfully ***removed by admin and 1st warning issued for violating forum rules*** is still fully functional and free.

·
Registered
12,146 Posts
Welcome back Mark. I got my nose bloodied on that other forum, so this is home for me. Be careful when you stray over there.

·
Premium Member
1,501 Posts
Yeah its been the same around here for quite a few. i did finally get a message from admin. I was able to get in and change my password but posting was being blocked. Guess thats fixed though now.

As for the other forum who cares. i do frequent both. if someone has a problem with me they know where to find me. I'm not a fun and hide kind of guy. good info in both places but the trolls are everywhere.

·
Registered
4,063 Posts
You must really like it here Mark ;) ...More so, I believe you're a huge asset to the community and am glad you took the drastic step to get back. Maybe some day soon "Chattanooga Mark" can be restored....

·
12,968 Posts
Hark
I reported your post in hopes you can get help.
Good Luck

·
Premium Member
6,013 Posts
Mark, you have to pay now to be a new member?? Whoaw.... hope admin can restore your old forum name ...

Happy your back here .... amazing so many members got " lost " and locked out ...

Andre
@
TaPaTaLk

·
Premium Member
8,699 Posts
Mark, you have to pay now to be a new member?? Whoaw.... hope admin can restore your old forum name ...

Happy your back here .... amazing so many members got " lost " and locked out ...

Andre
@
TaPaTaLk
Even more amazing is that there's still close to 40,000 members!
Funny only the regulars got locked out hey?
Very strange!

·
Administrator
5,947 Posts
Apparently admin is gone from this site now.
Huh?

I was logged out and couldn't get back on as Chattanooga Mark no matter what I did. I NEVER received anything from admin after several requests for help. Then I opened a new account as TN Mark and was still blocked from posting anything.
No, you weren't blocked. You just weren't following forum rules. I know it's extremely difficult to post 2 messages in the Rules and New Members Introductions. Well, you've got one, so you're half way there with this difficult and tricky mission.

I just don't know what the issue is with this site. Not a single email to me after sending in many requests for help.
If you need help with using the forum, there's a help section on this forum where you should be posting. Do you have a link to a post you've made there? I didn't see any.

Only after I paid a fee, was I able to post this.
And this is how great is the human imagination. You buying a membership has nothing to do with anything. You just happened to post in the correct section.

****** is still fully functional and free.
I find it interesting that you are clever enough to figure your way around the filter to post a competing forum's name on here, but you can't figure out how to reset a password, or how to ask for help if and when you need it.

Hark
I reported your post in hopes you can get help.
Good Luck
Thanks VJ!

·
Premium Member
1,862 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I received two messages back from CrossRoads. Nuff said about that here.

Here's what happened to me:

Earlier this week I tried to log on as Chattanooga Mark and wasn't allowed to. All I got was a pop up message saying the site was hacked and information was stolen.

Nothing I did or was instructed to do allowed me to log on as Chattanooga Mark. No message I sent via "Contact Us" was ever replied to. I tried for a few days but, nothing worked. No email was sent to my email address as I asked for either. All I got was a popup window saying the site was hacked and I was blocked whenever I tried to log on.

If I did anything to get booted in the first place it will be news to me.

Then I tried to open up a new forum account under TN Mark. Again, I wasn't allowed to post, respond to or even open a link in any post. Again I sent a request for help through Contact Us.

When I tried to post I got a pop up window showing the three types of forum memberships. So I paid the $40 through PayPal for a Lifetime membership and all of a sudden I was a partially functioning member under TN Mark. But, every time I tried to reply to a post I was still blocked as not having permission. I had to complete my membership by first posting in the New Members section.

So my first new post as TN Mark got me a warning since I referenced a competing forum that has never charged me anything. Oh well. I haven't gotten a 'warning' since, well, never.

So now I sent another message to CrossRoads asking how to get Chattanooga Mark back. We'll see what happens with that.

When did this site go to pay to play?

·
Registered
1,479 Posts
It is not "pay to play". Your decision to pay to become a lifetime member was a nice act of charity to a large corporation (Verticalscope). I don't think a lot of folks are paid members but perhaps I'm wrong. I'm not sure what the benefits are other than more storage space for PMs.

G'day,

Vinish

·
Registered
2,246 Posts
I received two messages back from CrossRoads. Nuff said about that here.

Here's what happened to me:

Earlier this week I tried to log on as Chattanooga Mark and wasn't allowed to. All I got was a pop up message saying the site was hacked and information was stolen.

Nothing I did or was instructed to do allowed me to log on as Chattanooga Mark. No message I sent via "Contact Us" was ever replied to. I tried for a few days but, nothing worked. No email was sent to my email address as I asked for either. All I got was a popup window saying the site was hacked and I was blocked whenever I tried to log on.

If I did anything to get booted in the first place it will be news to me.

Then I tried to open up a new forum account under TN Mark. Again, I wasn't allowed to post, respond to or even open a link in any post. Again I sent a request for help through Contact Us.

When I tried to post I got a pop up window showing the three types of forum memberships. So I paid the $40 through PayPal for a Lifetime membership and all of a sudden I was a partially functioning member under TN Mark. But, every time I tried to reply to a post I was still blocked as not having permission. I had to complete my membership by first posting in the New Members section.

So my first new post as TN Mark got me a warning since I referenced a competing forum that has never charged me anything. Oh well. I haven't gotten a 'warning' since, well, never.

So now I sent another message to CrossRoads asking how to get Chattanooga Mark back. We'll see what happens with that.

When did this site go to pay to play?
I had some interesting experiences also.
The server kept "forgetting" my email at the end of the day , for several days.
It worked something like this:
I would try to log in with the new password that I had gotten the day before and it would not work. I would then request a new password, which I would then use for that day. The next day the password was again refused.

Go figure?
Eventually something changed and I was able to log in for more than 24 hours on the same password. Quite frustrating.

·
Premium Member
1,862 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
It is not "pay to play". Your decision to pay to become a lifetime member was a nice act of charity to a large corporation (Verticalscope). I don't think a lot of folks are paid members but perhaps I'm wrong. I'm not sure what the benefits are other than more storage space for PMs.

G'day,

Vinish

Thank you Vinish. But in my case, no pay, no play, no way, no can do. Oh well. It's worth it to be here as I greatly enjoy the folks and the conversations I participate in. I've saved much more than the $40 bucks it cost me to get back on here just in one thread.

Hopefully someone will respond and tell me how to get back to Chattanooga Mark. If not, TN Mark it is. Frustrating yes, but it's not my forum and not my rules.

I'm curious as to what I did to get booted in the first place. I certainly don't know of anything I posted or what rule(s) I violated
that could have been offensive.

I just found out from CrossRoads that the email I had tied to Chattanooga Mark was an email I haven't had access to since I moved from IL to TN. That explains a lot and why perhaps I didn't receive any email from this forum.

Yes sir, that's my fault, 100%.

·
Administrator
5,947 Posts
There you go.

·
Premium Member
418 Posts
I'm in, too, at last!

Woo hoo!

I know I'm not as famous or popular as Mark, but I've been a member for several years, and I'm finally back in, too.

I DID get the email about the forced password change, but that only led to complete inability to log in after the first day. I, like Mark, used the Contact Us link several times, but got no response from any administrator - not even a bot. Finally, I got routed to a "Lost your password?" link and used it. After receiving an extremely obtuse password via email, I used that and got in. Now I'm afraid to change it to anything that I might possibly remember, as that might start this nightmare over again.

In my case, I never changed my email address - not since long before I ever came to any Victory forum.

If y'all never hear from me again, then this was just another one-day wonder, but I hope it sticks!

·
Premium Member
1,862 Posts
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)
Just to be clear. This was 100% MY fault as the forum had an old email address from ME that I haven't had access to in over 1.5 years. I'm sure the forum Admin was sending me helpful instructions to the email they had on file. From me.

Again, MY fault, NOT this site.

I hope others aren't having the same issue I was. I'm now back on Victory Forums AND able to use Chattanooga Mark again.

One more thing. CrossRoads wasn't sure if the Premium membership I bought under TN Mark would transfer. He left it up to me if I wanted to take the chance of losing the $40. Guess what, CrossRoads made it transfer and I'm still a Lifetime member under Chattanooga Mark.

Thank You CrossRoads !!!

·
Premium Member
6,013 Posts
This is a happy ending... I'm very pleased to hear this....

Andre
@
TaPaTaLk

·
Registered
12,146 Posts
Sniff, sniff...I love happy endings, don't you?

·
Premium Member
6,013 Posts
Sniff, sniff...I love happy endings, don't you?
Yeah don't you just hate horror movies or endings ??

Andre
@
TaPaTaLk

1 - 19 of 19 Posts