Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
1,265 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Looks like they have expanded beyond the cheap plastic hinges. Now making lights that look very much like the kuryakyn saber tooth but way cheaper.

https://www.ebay.com/ulk/itm/302919514283

·
Premium Member
8,736 Posts
Looks like they have expanded beyond the cheap plastic hinges. Now making lights that look very much like the kuryakyn saber tooth but way cheaper.

Thanks, bought them, that's probably where they originate anyway.
Let you know what they're like.

You've opened a can of worms but!
An Aussie loose on USA eBay XC parts
Yes , I've bought other stuff too, as well as watching some.
Unsure how high to go on the screen, wanna stop turbulence without it looking dorky.
Keep in mind 2010 screens mount different.

What else? ...not sure what I've bought actually bit of a feeding frenzy going on!
Bib for back of tank which is already showing 9 years of minor scuffs
Gotta price the Lloydz filter direct before plunging on one there.
Shoulda got the Tri-oval deal when it was on!
Anyone out there bought an extra set like I advised you to do? Sell em to me?
Probly just but mine out.
This has turned into War and Peace, better copy n paste it over into my thread!

·
Premium Member
13,061 Posts
Thanks, bought them, that's probably where they originate anyway.
Let you know what they're like.

You've opened a can of worms but!
An Aussie loose on USA eBay XC parts
Yes , I've bought other stuff too, as well as watching some.
Unsure how high to go on the screen, wanna stop turbulence without it looking dorky.
Keep in mind 2010 screens mount different.

What else? ...not sure what I've bought actually bit of a feeding frenzy going on!
Bib for back of tank which is already showing 9 years of minor scuffs
Gotta price the Lloydz filter direct before plunging on one there.
Shoulda got the Tri-oval deal when it was on!
Anyone out there bought an extra set like I advised you to do? Sell em to me?
Probly just but mine out.
This has turned into War and Peace, better copy n paste it over into my thread!
I think @Andre orders through Alibaba a lot. Maybe he will drop in and say.

I've got a set of new, never used, Black Tri-Ovals with chrome tips I can sell you at my cost ($250 USD) plus whatever shipping is to your neck of the woods. Comes with an air filter and stage one tune card which I would not recommend but it's all brand new.

The reason I have them is because I wanted black tips on my chrome Tri-Ovals. I probably should have just put out the word on the forums to swap someone but I did it this way thinking I could get my money back one day.

Leaders has the same pipes with black tips for the same price but with free shipping in the US. Not sure if they ship to AU or not.

https://leadersrpmshop.com/victory-motorcycle-new-oem-black-tri-oval-stage-1-exhaust-hardball-2879325-266/

·
Registered
1,265 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Leaders sells through their eBay store that's where I bought my tri ovals. I don't mind the black. I will someday get the header shields done in black.

Motorbikerx post when you get those lights I'm curious how well they do. They look identical to my kuryakyn set minus the tape required to attach them. Doesn't look like they make them in black (yet) or I would buy a set.

The problem with this is it gives kuryakyn a reason to discontinue another part. Sucks for those that want them.

·
Premium Member
6,041 Posts

Ha ha ha ha, you call it cheap knockoffs, you should listen into cooperate design meetings ....

Do you really think that victory did not order EVERYTHING from china

Kuryagyn same ....

There are 2 doors , one door goes to the over priced OEM sellers, and one door goes straight to the website sellers ....

As a sample ... Engine covers from victory ... Flimzy aluminium crap ... Heyyyy look they "copy" this in china ..... Ha ha ha ... No mate, thats were victory orderes that from in the first place ...

Andre using TaPaTaLk

·
Registered
4,067 Posts

·
Super Moderator
6,371 Posts
Ha ha ha ha, you call it cheap knockoffs, you should listen into cooperate design meetings ....
Do you really think that victory did not order EVERYTHING from china
I know my XCT wheels were made in china. "Made in China" is molded into the rims on the inside. Can't see it when the tire is mounted...

·
Premium Member
8,736 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,736 Posts
Any reason why these wouldnt fit my 2010 XC ??...its not in their fitting list:crying

ooops...https://leadersrpmshop.com/victory-new-oem-motorcycle-black-comfort-grips-cory-zach-ness-vegas-high-8-ball/
go through all the buying process to checkout and find they wont post to Australia!
must think we are all convicts here or something!:devil
bought a set of isos elewhere, not quite sure where but $35.99 american cost me $125 Aus by the time they get here...insane!
anyway OEM Victory Iso Grips they are normally $89.99
Leaders I bought em through

·
Premium Member
6,041 Posts

·
Registered
560 Posts
go through all the buying process to checkout and find they wont post to Australia!
must think we are all convicts here or something!:devil
bought a set of isos elewhere, not quite sure where but $35.99 american cost me $125 Aus by the time they get here...insane!
anyway OEM Victory Iso Grips they are normally $89.99
Leaders I bought em through
...or the descendants of said convicts. :angel

·
Premium Member
8,736 Posts

Okay the Sabre Tooth lights arrived today,
look nice and come with some wiring harness but typical Chinese, no instructions. ..not that Id be able to dechipher them anyway🙂

Attachments

·
Registered
1,265 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
They look legit. If they start making in black I might buy a backup set. They will drive kuryakyn to stop producing them eventually.

·
Premium Member
8,736 Posts
They look legit. If they start making in black I might buy a backup set. They will drive kuryakyn to stop producing them eventually.
I got a gallon of satin black etch prime here,
but a splash of chrome dont go astray.
Big news is my VM1 cams are on their way😈

·
Premium Member
8,736 Posts
any identifiers on the Kuriakins?
could be same supply?
we know our wirings chinese and loom extra looks factory .

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
I bet you check out the Kury jobs they are made in China also. Probably same company.

·
Premium Member
8,736 Posts
found fitting instuctions from Kury on youtube:smile

·
Super Moderator
4,950 Posts

·
Registered
812 Posts
they look just like mine. Can't wait to see them mounted, may buy a set as a backup for my current ones.

·
Registered
1,265 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Thought they already did.
Still on website. Hinges are not. Cheap knockoffs killed that.

Yes, they are probably identical to the kuryakyn minus instructions and double side tape.
You can buy knockoff iPhones and stuff in China. Same parts. Technically they not supposed to sell that stuff because patents and stuff. Unless kuryakyn didn't get it approved or whatever. They could block sales of those in the US if they felt like it.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts