Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just wanna let everyone know they should never order anything from this site. They sent me a defective part and then told me that i could not return it. Everyone be awarre; dont get caught up with this BS site!! Buy your parts else where!!!!! :mad:

·
Premium Member
1,602 Posts
I just wanna let everyone know they should never order anything from this site. They sent me a defective part and then told me that i could not return it. Everyone be awarre; dont get caught up with this BS site!! Buy your parts else where!!!!! :mad:
What did you order and how was it defective?

·
Registered
21 Posts
Weird thing is this isn't the first complaint I've read about online regarding cheapcycleparts.com. Thanks for the headsup! Hate when people rip-off riders.

·
13,235 Posts
Most if not all will not take back any electrical part.
There is no way to tell if you did something wrong or it was a bad part to begin with.
I'm not saying you did something wrong but no return on electrical has been for ever.

·
Administrator
5,988 Posts
Most if not all will not take back any electrical part.
There is no way to tell if you did something wrong or it was a bad part to begin with.
That's not right. So where do you buy electrical parts then, without risking to pay for defective merchandise?

·
13,235 Posts
I know its not right.
When I use to work for a aftermarket store we always had the problem. Later on talking to the vendors who make thee regulators and stators all told me they test the parts before they go in the box to be sold.
Now the foreign vendors do that I don't know.
Even auto stores give you the same answer.
I'm not saying he did something wrong but if you owned the store and sold the fuel pump what would you say if you all ready sold say hundred and no body brought one back.
Thats the problem with buying on the net your at there mercie

·
Registered
693 Posts
I know its not right.
When I use to work for a aftermarket store we always had the problem. Later on talking to the vendors who make thee regulators and stators all told me they test the parts before they go in the box to be sold.
Now the foreign vendors do that I don't know.
Even auto stores give you the same answer.
I'm not saying he did something wrong but if you owned the store and sold the fuel pump what would you say if you all ready sold say hundred and no body brought one back.
Thats the problem with buying on the net your at there mercie
That's how I've known it for about the last 16 years or so I've had a license. Anytime I buy an electrical part, I'll try to buy in store and have them test it there. If it's an expensive part, that's the only way I'll buy. I'd rather spend an extra $50 to be safe.

·
13,235 Posts
So how do you test a regulator for a bike or a stator?
All you can do is have them install it or ask them if it doesn't work can I bring it back.
(how do they know it didn't work and you found the problem to be a pinched wire):confused:

·
Registered
1,858 Posts
That's not right. So where do you buy electrical parts then, without risking to pay for defective merchandise?
A buyer could simply switch his bad one with the new one he received from the vendor and then claim "the one you sent me was bad" so almost all dealers do this. You just have to work with a reputable one that you trust so that you will KNOW that you got a good part.

Devil's advocate #2 - What if the buyer has an indirect electrical problem (24volts instead of 12v) and that was what burned out their original pump in the first place. They get the new one and plug it in. It also gets burnt out ASAP but the buyer doesn't put 1 & 1 together and then comes looking for a replacement to a part THEY burnt out by configuring something wrong.

None of these are probably the case here but they are the precedents that have been set in that industry.

·
Registered
659 Posts
Sorry buddy but "no returns on electrical items" has been standard procedure for as long as I can remember.

I have purchased many items from cheapcycleparts in the last few years... allways the right part,.way under dealer cost, quick shipping, and good customer service. Can't say anything bad about them.

·
Registered
566 Posts
Sorry buddy but "no returns on electrical items" has been standard procedure for as long as I can remember.

I have purchased many items from cheapcycleparts in the last few years... allways the right part,.way under dealer cost, quick shipping, and good customer service. Can't say anything bad about them.
Yes. I agree with this. I've purchased from them many times and have had zero problems.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts