Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
356 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
I've used tankslapper films before for two of my previous bike, and have been very happy with the results. They just posted new kits for the CR, including a total protection kit that gives you tank, front fender tip, headlight, and bag protection. You have a choice of the 3m or their less expensive (but almost as good) tankslapper film. Even the 3m full kit is a good $30 cheaper than the Vic 3m bag only kit. Check it out, I'll be putting this on my CR when I get it:

http://thetankslapper.biz/osc/index.php?cPath=36_226&osCsid=c2af9b2aaadc425721a2bc06971688ef

·
Registered
336 Posts
Great find. Thanks cheers

·
Registered
2,699 Posts
Great find / great price! I'll need to get that on order as soon as I can find some touch up paint. I have just under 3000 miles and already picked up 2 rock chips. I hope this isn't considered a hijack but does anybody know where to find touch up paint for a 2011 CR in Crimson?

·
Premium Member
13,053 Posts
Good find on these pre-cut protectors. I think it's a good investment. I hope they come out with a front fairing kit for an XC soon as well.

does anybody know where to find touch up paint
I think the dealer can get it for you. The paint codes are also in your service manual. You can download a 2010 XC/XR manual from this site.

·
Registered
356 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Update - More Protection

All,

I have been emailing the owner a few times with the suggestion to cover the front of the hard bags too. He agreed that it was a good idea as they are likely to pick up rocks and bugs. So, now the kits offer more protection.

You have a choice of a full protection 3m or mixed 3m/Tankslapper kit, or individual bag package or tank package.

Here's the pieces of the full 3m kit:

Here's the mixed kit:

Even the full 3m kit is less money than the bag only 3m kit from Victory, and I don't think you'll find better protection out there. I'm putting in my order today! And no, I don't work for them. I've just used their stuff before and been really pleased with the results. :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts