Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
348 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So yesterday on my way home I accelerated hard coming out of a corner and then costed to a stop at the next intersection at a red light. As I came to a stop I glanced down and my "Check engine light" was on. Bike is running great and no unusual sounds to be heard. I was only a few min from home so I continued on. I figured maybe it was a one off and that it might go away by morning but not so. Soon as I started the bike it stayed on.

Any thoughts as to what might be the issue? no error code is displayed on the DIC

Thanks as always for your help

·
Premium Member
628 Posts
I'm thinking since you accelerated hard around a corner the RPM's were high and if your regulator is on the fritz then you would have an overvoltage. That would cause the light to come on.
What's your voltmeter showing during high revs? If it's higher than 15 volts it's your regulator.

·
Premium Member
8,992 Posts
I'm thinking since you accelerated hard around a corner the RPM's were high and if your regulator is on the fritz then you would have an overvoltage. That would cause the light to come on.
What's your voltmeter showing during high revs? If it's higher than 15 volts it's your regulator.
Yep second that.
Mine recently went out when i was fanging it.
Stock regs not a real good unit anyway.
I upgraded mine through Jack at Roadstercycle.
But yeah check what volts are going into your battery and fix it before you cook the battery as well.

·
Registered
348 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Thanks that sounds right as yes the voltage gauge does sit up around 16volts and I've seen it fluctuate a fair bit as I ride but I thought it was normal.given it's under warranty I will just get them to replace it. I'll look at ordering one of the better ones for later if this is something I should worry about?

·
13,262 Posts
Go to dealer for warranty

Reactions: Motorbikerx
1 - 5 of 5 Posts