Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
During a ride yesterday, probably an hour into the ride, my "check engine light" came on.

Pulled over, turned the bike off and on a couple times, checked oil and other parts, nothing, and continued to ride another 1/2 hour.

Today, went out and ran through the mode sequence, but found not ERR code.

Turned the bike on again and still have "check engine light," but no ERR code is displayed.

Now what Doc?

·
13,235 Posts
with a 10mm wrench check battery bolts. If you check with your hand it will lie to

·
Premium Member
8,961 Posts
mine (on XC) comes on occasionally on a steep hill on overrun (engine braking) in 3rd or 4th sometimes, then goes out again.
I ignore it....Also both my Subarus show check engine lights all the time, mechanic says its faulty O2 sensors, I dont worry about them either.
My Vegas used to light the check engine occasionally and run shitty as well, it was a loose connection on a sensor at the rear of the front cylinder, Id just wiggle it a bit and it'd come good, hasnt done it for years since .
If shes running ok and like VJ said youve cleaned and tightened your battery connections , you can ignore it or if its a worry and you have a dealer there somewhere get em to plug the Digital Wrench computer into it and itll tell you whats wrong.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks,

Check the battery and both terminals are tight, and now they are tighter.
Still "Check Engine Light" and no ERR code.
I think black Scotch black 88 electrical tape is the answer till I can get off island

·
Premium Member
8,961 Posts
Thanks,

Check the battery and both terminals are tight, and now they are tighter.
Still "Check Engine Light" and no ERR code.
I think black Scotch black 88 electrical tape is the answer till I can get off island
black electrical tape does wonders!
Need to do both my soobies

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Back to the "check engine light." I was down to 20% gas so I filled the tank, started the bike and the "check engine light" went away; strange. I recall the light came on when I had a half tank of gas on board. I am waiting to see what happens again at 1/2 tank, will the light come on?

·
Registered
2012 Victory Cross Country Tour, Indianapolis
1,663 Posts
You looking at the low fuel light? 🤔

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
No, my 'check engine light" went on a while ago and stayed on with no error code. I set a thread asking for advice. Just recently the low fuel light came on and I refueled the bike. After filling it, and starting it up again, magically the "check engine light" went off. I am waiting to see when it comes on again if if it will when the bike still has fuel.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts