Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
13,051 Posts
The price has gone up a lot since I had mine done on my XC for $350 about 6 years ago. I bought a set of good used wheels from someone on a forum when sent them directly to the chrome shop in California then they sent the finished wheels to me. It worked out well then I sold mine to someone for the same reason so they wouldn't be without their bike while the chroming process happened. Took about a month.

Before

After

I think it made a very nice difference and it's easier to clean. Of course it shows dirt easier too.

·
Super Moderator
6,371 Posts
Oooo man. You know what might look good chromed? I bought a used brake rotor and it came with a free wheel...

Attachments

·
Registered
1,493 Posts
On the X-bikes and Vision's you could probably get away with just doing the front wheel because the back wheel doesn't show very much.
I agree. On one of my wife's XCT bikes, she has only the front wheel chromed and it looks great. You really can't see the back wheel unless you are down on the ground seriously trying to look at the rear wheel.

·
Super Moderator
6,371 Posts
I inquired, and it's $425 for one front wheel. Not too shabby, I suppose, but can probably buy a chrome wheel for that if I shop hard enough...

·
Premium Member
1,864 Posts
I love the chromed wheels on the Cross bikes. Some day, mine will get chromed as well.

·
Premium Member
8,733 Posts
Already got the billet alloy 18" XC front on my Vegas!
Guess I could swap em over😏

Attachments

·
Registered
123 Posts
Hey Motorbikerx, Iron and Resin Garage?

Cheers, Steve.

·
Premium Member
8,733 Posts
Yes Steve, it's across the road from my workshop,
You've obviously been there.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Yeah, called in for a burger and a couple of beers last year, after riding a loop over Tomewin. My young bloke lived at Springbrook until a few months ago.
It seems like a good place to hang out on a sunny day, listen to music, watch the passing parade of bikes and cars. Mind you, I wasn't tempted to buy a designer flanno at $70, my cheapo old ones with lots of patina will do fine.
At the risk of hijacking the thread, is that your workshop in the background?
Cheers, Steve.

Attachments

1 - 12 of 12 Posts