Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
415 Posts
The helmet lock is a neat idea and I wish the inventor well. Unfortunately some idiot at Victory decided that the standard "D" rings which we have been using for almost a century to secure a brain bucket to our heads are out dated. My new Victory modular helmet has no "D" rings and is secured by a ratchet system.

Is it easier than the old D rings? Yup I suppose that it is but I still have enough brain function left to be able to do complicated things like thread a ballistic nylon strap through two rings that I can't actually see. My biggest bitch with the new system is that it isn't compatible with ANY helmet lock system. Now I just have to stick my lid over the riders backrest and latch the strap hoping that some low life won't walk away with a $200 helmet and and equally expensive SENA comm system.

·
Registered
1,125 Posts
The helmet lock is a neat idea and I wish the inventor well. Unfortunately some idiot at Victory decided that the standard "D" rings which we have been using for almost a century to secure a brain bucket to our heads are out dated. My new Victory modular helmet has no "D" rings and is secured by a ratchet system.
My Nolan had a ratchet system. I liked it. On my old bike, I used a helmet lock extender and put it through the rachet part, so I could use the factory helmet lock on the bike.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts