Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
thumb upthumb upI finally found a way to cover the ugly ass factory master cylinder,thanks to witch doctors!!! They always come thru for me great product and received when expected!!I also got gas tank cap bolt colored buttons that little mod made the gas tank pop looks custom!!

Attachments

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
BBOb that chrome cover looks good how much$$ for that piece?

·
Premium Member
13,727 Posts
BBOb that chrome cover looks good how much$$ for that piece?
It wasn't a lot. Maybe $30 but it feels cheap in your hands because it's high tech plastic that is held on by clear silicone. Check with your dealer or favorite online dealer. Kate maybe?

Once it's on it looks fine though IMHO.

It has been on a long time now and no peeling of the chrome or anything. It's probably better that it's lightweight plastic rather than a heavier steel or something that might rust in time.

·
Registered
236 Posts
its only cause you have the bling...diamond cut heads...those peasants like I dont care about that because we dont have the bling.....but I do have cams....and if you wanna run..I have a 243 rwhp triumph rocket....no bling their either...

btw...looks really nice..that plastic bull **** that victory offers to cover up the stock cylinder is junk...

It wasn't a lot. Maybe $30 but it feels cheap in your hands because it's high tech plastic that is held on by clear silicone. Check with your dealer or favorite online dealer. Kate maybe?

Once it's on it looks fine though IMHO.

It has been on a long time now and no peeling of the chrome or anything. It's probably better that it's lightweight plastic rather than a heavier steel or something that might rust in time.

·
Registered
634 Posts
Different approaches to get the same result. Looks good. Anything is better than a "urine specimen" hanging off the side of your bike. I had made for me a cover that originally was a fork slider in chrome from a Yamaha. Whatever it takes to cover that homely thing up.

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
Yep, I just want to chime in here. That POS reservoir really is an insult. There are some other slap in the face geegaws on these things. I just don't get it. This isn't a Zookie dirter for the kid, or a eastern bloc knock off of a western euro boxer. It's a first world luxury motorcycle. If Victory is compelled to incorporate a urine cup into the product, at least hide the damn thing. I wouldn't have batted an eye at another 100 bucks or 500 for that matter to just bury some of that stuff. Some other American motorcycle manufacturers think that their brake reservoirs are ugly enough to merit a cover standard equipment, and those reservoirs are painted metal... and they still cover them.
I mean it's not like we're not going to spend money on these things. Do they think we need additional incentive? I can just hear some bright boy in a marketing huddle "hell, why don't we just put 30 dollar Pep Boys China tires on it. The customer can buy decent rubber after the sale."
At the very least I wish they would consider curb appeal from closer than 10 feet away. I know my buds will be wowed by the power and the goodies but they will run me like a Kentucky mule over things like that Walmart fluid res.
I guess the good news is that Polaris has created a condition for me to improve that will result in more than just modifying for mod sake. There will be a payoff that is more than just swapping out perfectly good parts for other perfectly good parts. I will see real improvement and so will anyone with a discerning eye, and I haven't even started about that Radio Shack wet dream hanging off of the handlebars.

·
Premium Member
13,727 Posts
its only cause you have the bling...diamond cut heads...those peasants like I dont care about that because we dont have the bling.....but I do have cams....and if you wanna run..I have a 243 rwhp triumph rocket....no bling their either...

btw...looks really nice..that plastic bull **** that victory offers to cover up the stock cylinder is junk...
9secondsflat: Couple of beers after work, eh. All good but I don't see why you are doggin' on the rear master cylinder cover. Sure; it could be nicer but the bike model has been out for 3-4 years now and no one has come up with anything better and so far; the cheap chrome plastic thing is still working ok and doing what it was supposed to do.

Oh, wait, this isn't about the cover at all is it! It's about slipping into the conversation to mention your badass TR.

Well heck, mate, why didn't you just say so straight up?

C'mon mang; spill it out there and don't forget the pics, eh!!

·
Premium Member
13,727 Posts
Yep, I just want to chime in here. That POS reservoir really is an insult.
This isn't a Zookie dirter for the kid, or a eastern bloc knock off of a western euro boxer.

I will see real improvement and so will anyone with a discerning eye, and I haven't even started about that Radio Shack wet dream hanging off of the handlebars.
Well... don't hold back Pop!! Give us the full run down and tell us how you REALLY feel.

:D :D :D

·
Registered
368 Posts
I also bought a resevoir cover and cap from Witchdoctors. The sleeve is very loose around the resevoir even with the cap on. How did you fix that? Silicone????

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
:D:D
I also bought a resevoir cover and cap from Witchdoctors. The sleeve is very loose around the resevoir even with the cap on. How did you fix that? Silicone????
put some electrical tape around the resvoir to thicken it up a bit then slide the chrome cover over it ,it will fit nice and tight no more moving around.

·
Registered
693 Posts
Yep, I just want to chime in here. That POS reservoir really is an insult. There are some other slap in the face geegaws on these things. I just don't get it. This isn't a Zookie dirter for the kid, or a eastern bloc knock off of a western euro boxer. It's a first world luxury motorcycle. If Victory is compelled to incorporate a urine cup into the product, at least hide the damn thing. I wouldn't have batted an eye at another 100 bucks or 500 for that matter to just bury some of that stuff. Some other American motorcycle manufacturers think that their brake reservoirs are ugly enough to merit a cover standard equipment, and those reservoirs are painted metal... and they still cover them.
I mean it's not like we're not going to spend money on these things. Do they think we need additional incentive? I can just hear some bright boy in a marketing huddle "hell, why don't we just put 30 dollar Pep Boys China tires on it. The customer can buy decent rubber after the sale."
At the very least I wish they would consider curb appeal from closer than 10 feet away. I know my buds will be wowed by the power and the goodies but they will run me like a Kentucky mule over things like that Walmart fluid res.
I guess the good news is that Polaris has created a condition for me to improve that will result in more than just modifying for mod sake. There will be a payoff that is more than just swapping out perfectly good parts for other perfectly good parts. I will see real improvement and so will anyone with a discerning eye, and I haven't even started about that Radio Shack wet dream hanging off of the handlebars.
You nailed it directly on the head, but I don't think in the way you intended. YOU may be happy to pay an extra $100-500 for things like that to be covered, but not everyone is. Some would rather $30 for a cover than more. And would prefer the different options. Others (and likely most) won't give two bits. And then there are riders like myself who'd actually prefer it completely out of view (moving it this Winter).

·
Premium Member
5,632 Posts
If Victory is compelled to incorporate a urine cup into the product, at least hide the damn thing. I wouldn't have batted an eye at another 100 bucks or 500 for that matter to just bury some of that stuff.
This is a good opportunity for you to start a business. Personally, I'm okay with an accessible urine cup. I like easy maintenance and I don't need another little chrome dooday that requires my mad buffing skillz. But there may be legions of folks that like your idea better and don't mind the extra cleaning and maintenance of an additional shiny part. And here's your chance to capitalize on it!

·
Administrator
5,988 Posts
I have fishslapr's polished version - it's sturdy, it's shiny, it's great. And my money went to a local fella instead of some slave driver in China. ;)

·
Registered
261 Posts
On my list is the new WitchDoctor's black brake resevoir, along with the removal of the master cylinder and having it either powder coated or painted black to match the black out on my new 2013 Cross Country.

·
Registered
248 Posts
Hey fishslapr, does that top peice just cover whats there, or does that become the cap with threads and all, and how much and do you have them in stock

1 - 20 of 25 Posts