1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
636 Posts
What makes this better than a Go-Pro? Just Curious. I hafta get a new camera. The ex kept the Go-Pro.

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
What makes this better than a Go-Pro? Just Curious. I hafta get a new camera. The ex kept the Go-Pro.
Size?

Price?

Read the info and decide for yourself.

I've contemplated buying a vid cam for a long time but just couldn't commit to a GoPro or anything else that came along ... until I saw this one.

FWIW you can get a discount using promo code ACTIONCAM-BUCKS

·
Registered
12,202 Posts

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
How much is it? I have seen this unit before and it takes good video.
There's a decent price on that Banggood site.

I bought mine direct from the Mobius site. Paid a bit more but I also bought a bunch of extra stuff.

I spent $284 in total which includes shipping and US - CAN exchange which is at a ridiculous rate right now.

All the prices are listed on the Mobius site, just spend some time poking around and you'll find them.

·
Registered
12,202 Posts
The ex kept the Go-Pro.
OMG! Will you ever recover from that? Divorces can be hell.:(
P.S. Did you buy it for her as a gift? Just wondering.:confused:

·
Registered
611 Posts
I've been quite partial to my sony action cams ever since they came out (very first generation, one with wifi and one without). The new models are supposed to be even better but I haven't played with them at all. Video quality is excellent, with some of the best color saturation levels I've seen in an action sports camera. Sound quality is on par with gopro since the sony sits in a similar plastic case that blocks the wind. The thing that impressed me most though was it's ability to go from light to dark without changing camera settings and still shoot great video. Here's a quick comparison video of my old contourHD camera and the sony along with my year in review video from 2013 which shows all sorts of different ambient lighting conditions. Everything was shot without changing a single setting on the camera(s).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=suC1viGVQ9Y

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SxZY0YPJrg4

·
Registered
482 Posts
Check Contour Cameras out. Mine has taken an absolute beating when I dirtbike. Still going strong.

Weatherproof/Waterproof.

Streamlined version of the GoPro. Available in different low end or high end models. Very good 2-3 hour battery life filming in 720P Wide Angle and 60 FPS.

EDIT: The new Contour Roam 3 advertises 3-3.5 hours of battery life.

·
Premium Member
6,074 Posts
Got this camera .... Not installed yet. Runs on the 12 v bike battery.

Attachments

1 - 11 of 11 Posts